• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Shoresy/ Letterkenny fans?

Navy_Pete

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
With season 2 of Shoresy rolling out, just curious if anyone else is a fan. Season 1 reminds me a lot of a Canadian version of Slapshot, updated to remove the 70s/80s homophobia, with some sweet bilingual jokes. Season 2 has been okay so far but if it follows the trend of S1 just sort of laying the groundwork and gets funnier as it goes.

Letterkenny still has it's moments but think it peaked years ago (sort of like TPB), but absolutely reminds me of various characters I grew up with.

For anyone on the French SLT though, there is a full V.F. subtitles that was done in proper QC slang, so great way to learn how to tell someone to 'give their nuts a tug' in both official languages.

Letterkenny GIF by Crave

(if you search the GIFs for Letterkenny, both these and Shoresy GIFs come up)

Edit to add: 'Trade me right f*ing now, then hang up' would be a legendary final line on a DWD announcement message.

The chirping would be pretty funny though; Ricky would be mixing metaphors talking while Shoresy is talking about his mom. Meanwhile Julian and Hitch would be debating the merits of different drinks, J-Roc would be trying to get Dolo to listen to his mixtape, Goody and Bubbles would be talking about kitties, while Frankie JJ and Randy would be eating cheeseburgers.

And then when the Boys get arrested at the end, the 3 Jims would be the guards and run a quiz team against them.

I think I'd watch that crossover.

The chirping would be pretty funny though; Ricky would be mixing metaphors talking while Shoresy is talking about his mom. Meanwhile Julian and Hitch would be debating the merits of different drinks, J-Roc would be trying to get Dolo to listen to his mixtape, Goody and Bubbles would be talking about kitties, while Frankie JJ and Randy would be eating cheeseburgers.

And then when the Boys get arrested at the end, the 3 Jims would be the guards and run a quiz team against them.

I think I'd watch that crossover.
Sounds like you've been thinking of this for awhile now...

Sounds like you've been thinking of this for awhile now...
Sometimes I just surprise myself; I think it's an overcorrection from jumping through approval gates, forms in triplicate and all the other stuff that makes anything creative in your blackened, shriveled husk of a soul feel like it's dying again.

I mean, it's not like the RCN is maintaining frigates, so all the maritime engineer have to do something with their spare time ;)
Not doing maintenance seems to somehow create a lot more paperwork; sometimes I feel like a disappointed community college professor reading the risk assessments.

Also leave the camera off during Teams meetings when talking about them, because I feel an hour of this would look unprofessional;

Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF
Star Trek Reaction GIF
Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF
Frustrated Fuck My Life GIF

Not doing maintenance seems to somehow create a lot more paperwork; sometimes I feel like a disappointed community college professor reading the risk assessments.

Also leave the camera off during Teams meetings when talking about them, because I feel an hour of this would look unprofessional;

Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF
Star Trek Reaction GIF
Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF
Frustrated Fuck My Life GIF
I thought engineers were more like
Muppets Beaker GIF by The Game Awards

Back