• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Signals Officer Degree Requirement

legionnaire007

Reaction score
Hello team,

hope everyone is having nice holidays.

Does anyone know if a Masters of Science in Data Science accompanied by a non-science bachelor's degree would be sufficient for the Signals Officer position? Am I wrong in believing that a non-science bachelor's degree most likely wouldn't be acceptable for the Signals Officer position?

Thanks a lot for your time.

A few years ago, the Signal Officer occupation was in such shortage that they changed the requirement to "any degree". Not sure if this is still the case. While very few positions actually rely on a specific field of study, degrees related to Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering etc, would set the individual up for better employment options inside the occupation. For example, Project Management, Cyber etc. These degrees also give the officer some knowledge of the technology being employed and managed by his or her subordinates.

A few years ago, the Signal Officer occupation was in such shortage that they changed the requirement to "any degree". Not sure if this is still the case. While very few positions actually rely on a specific field of study, degrees related to Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering etc, would set the individual up for better employment options inside the occupation. For example, Project Management, Cyber etc. These degrees also give the officer some knowledge of the technology being employed and managed by his or her subordinates.
Thank you kindly for your response, Sir.

In the meantime, I managed to find an acceptable degree list on the CAF's website, it would seem that they only accept Engineering and Science degrees for the Signals Officers but like you said, if they have such a shortage, exceptions apply :)

Data Science should be good enough, hopefully - but I'll call the recruiters just to be safe before starting the program.

Back