• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sleeves on flight suit question????

hoist-monkey

Inactive
Reaction score
So I got picked up by my SCWO for having my sleeves of my flight suit rolled up.
  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
I was asked to find in dress instructions or orders where it states that sleeves in flight suits SHALL be kept down at all times.

Spent better part of an hour looking through CF Dress Instructions, 1 CAD orders & B-GA-100, as well as 12 Wing orders and found NOTHING.

I am sure that it says somewhere that my sleeves are to be down, but I can't find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

I'm looking at an older version (2008) of 1 Cdn Air Div Order, Vol 1, 1-006.

Para 6(I):  Zippers and Sleeves – Sleeves shall neither be rolled nor pushed up.  Front main zipper shall be no lower than the bottom of the name tag.  All other zippers shall remain closed at all times. 

Might want to check the current version at work though.

1 Canadian Air Division Order Volume One, article 1-006 paragraph 6 (i)

"Sleeves shall neither be rolled nor pushed up. "

Sort yourself out monkey!  When a ZOOMIE is picking you up for improper dress, you're doing something wrong!!!!  :warstory:

Just be cognizant of the dress regs while in the SCWO's domain (ie office space).  Once you get on the flight line - do whatever you need to do to remain comfortable.

SCWO's love to pick up on: zippers, sleeves, sideburns and ball caps.

Zoomie said:
SCWO's love to pick up on: zippers, sleeves, sideburns and ball caps.

And then some!!  No point in arguing as he will go to the CO and stamp his feet.  Pick your battles and the SWO owns this one.

PAdm said:
And then some!!  No point in arguing as he will go to the CO and stamp his feet.  Pick your battles and the SWO owns this one.

Excuse me but CWOs or CPOs do not "stamp their feet".

We advise Niner and all others sometimes in a forceful manner.....but we do not stamp our feet!  ;)

Oh, come on, now.

Admit it.

When the lights are out and nobody's looking...

Jim Seggie said:

We advise Niner and all others sometimes in a forceful manner.....but we do not stamp our feet!  ;)

I was always told that they clarified the CO's position for him. ;D

Jim Seggie said:

Maybe not Army CWOs.

Eye In The Sky said:
I'm looking at an older version (2008) of 1 Cdn Air Div Order, Vol 1, 1-006.

Para 6(I):  Zippers and Sleeves – Sleeves shall neither be rolled nor pushed up.  Front main zipper shall be no lower than the bottom of the name tag.  All other zippers shall remain closed at all times. 

Might want to check the current version at work though.

What, Our Air Force has Dress Regs?

my72jeep said:
What, Our Air Force has Dress Regs?

Yes in that we prefer folks be dressed when they get to work. We needed a reg to ensure that.  :nod:

Eye In The Sky said:
Front main zipper shall be no lower than the bottom of the name tag.

And that's the upper slide, not the lower one.

Back