• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SLT living rules

casing

Inactive
Reaction score
I thought I saw this mentioned elsewhere, but I can't find it anymore.  I do believe I know the answer to some of these questions, but I'd just like someone to confirm for me.

While on SLT in St-Jean, are visitors permitted?  What about over night?  What about animals?  Is there somewhere I can get the rules pertaining to living arrangements whilst on SLT?

Thanks very much for you help!

You should be sent Joining Instructions.  If not, they can probably be found on the language school site on the DIN.

Like McG wrote, the CF will send joingin instructions or you can ask the local CFRC.

On my course, visitors were permitted from Friday night to Sunday evening during specific time allocations
over the weekend.  Visitors have to find accomodations in motels and hotels in the local area.  You would
have to contact the motel/hotel to find out if pets are allowed.  St-Jean Mega does not provide
accomodations for visitors of students.

Howdy - there are a few rentable rooms in the Mega for family members/significant others - some of the guys on course have rented them and they're cheaper than the motels in town. But reservations far in advance are recommended. And no pets, as the other guys were saying.
Cheers,
Ralph.

Visitors weren't an issue when I did SLT last year at the Mega. Overall, the rules were pretty relaxed. Contact the base for specific details, but I wouldn't worry about having a few people over (the rooms are small...keep that in mind!)

Enjoy the course! It was a really good time...and it's in the perfect place to learn french!

Best of luck

-Dave

Thanks for the replies!  

I   won't be hitting SLT until January, but I'm just trying to get as much info as I can so that my wife and I know what all of our options are and we can plan accordingly.   Thanks again!

Edit for grammar.

Back