• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

So I got a phone call.....

DEWAI said:
Does basic usually start so soon after the offer?

You can see for yourself.

Compare "Position offered" and "BMQ Date":
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13064.0

Sometimes BMQ is listed as Basic Training in the samples.

I'm out of the Barrie recruiting center as well actually and what happens is you'll get a phone call first asking if you accept the offer, then (if you accept obviously) a letter will be mailed to you outlining the specific details of your offer.  I got mine a week or two after my phone call. 

Congratulations on the offer by the way.  Ncm or officer?

DEWAI said:
Does basic usually start so soon after the offer? I would have thought you know a couple months in advance, so you could prepare physically etc.

I do not want to decline because I am really eager to get in, but this caught me off guard haha

Questions for you are why are you not prepared beforehand? If your so eager why the thought of declining?

There are people praying for the phone call you recieved today. If you don't think its for you move aside and let the next person who really wants it and is prepared to go.

I am fully prepared, just caught me flatfooted after hearing guys waiting for years to get into infantry and other trades!

I was not expecting it I guess, that is understandable right?

I would highly recommend you accept the offer ASAP if you want it.  Like teager said, people are dying to get the call you just received.

Yes I am accepting tomorrow 110%. I hope they did not reconsider and offer it to somone else LOL  :-\ Yamaha, I would say started the process mid November, Got the offer 3 months after the interview.

DEWAI said:
Yes I am accepting tomorrow 110%. I hope they did not reconsider and offer it to somone else LOL  :-\ Yamaha, I would say started the process mid November, Got the offer 3 months after the interview.

You are beyond lucky, I would be the happyest person in the world if I got the call. I was in the reserves for a year then got out. I loved the little bit of Army life that i got in there. I was stupid for quiting. If I got the call I would be the happest person on this planet. Got Merit Listed today!

Back