• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sports at RMC

Moggie,

When I got to RMC In first year (2000), there was in fact a wrestling program with about 20 wrestlers.  Great sport that helps further along the combative ethos of a military.  We definitely need more of our officers involved in some of these combat oriented sports, such as Boxing, Unarmed Combat, Wrestling...to name a few.  It teaches people to take a beating and keep on going and overcome the challenge...and it is fun.  My suggestion if it is still relevant is to go to the Queens University team and train with them or if you are able to find a qualified coach, then start an IM team.  You can probably even get some trips out of it to tournaments if there is enough interest.  There used to be inter-squadron competitions where the whole school would turn out to support their respective squadron wrestlers.

Good luck

footsoldier, 

Found out recently that there is in fact a wrestler at RMC who does train with the Queen's wrestling team and its working out for him fairly well.  Perhaps in future there will be more interest and there will be a whole team.

Moggie said:
footsoldier, 

Found out recently that there is in fact a wrestler at RMC who does train with the Queen's wrestling team and its working out for him fairly well.  Perhaps in future there will be more interest and there will be a whole team.

Don't hold your breath.

Freddy G,

Sounds like you are talking from some type of informed platform.  I have a little hunch that you have absolutely no idea on what you are talking about.  I have seen things change on a dime.  You just need the right conditions to be able to achieve something.  Like when they cancelled the Rugby program at RMC.  They told us that it would never be back, but a few dedicated ex-cadets and cadets at the time worked towards it and it is back now.  So don't say never...because there is no such word.

footsoldier32 said:
Freddy G,

Sounds like you are talking from some type of informed platform.  I have a little hunch that you have absolutely no idea on what you are talking about.  I have seen things change on a dime.  You just need the right conditions to be able to achieve something.  Like when they cancelled the Rugby program at RMC.  They told us that it would never be back, but a few dedicated ex-cadets and cadets at the time worked towards it and it is back now.  So don't say never...because there is no such word.

I didn't say never, I just said "don't hold your breath." I just don't see it happening in time for Moggie to wrestle much in an RMC singlet.

Freddy G said:
I didn't say never, I just said "don't hold your breath." I just don't see it happening in time for Moggie to wrestle much in an RMC singlet.

That cadet who was wrestling with the Queen's wrestling team was only practicing with them. He is the sole member of an offical RMC wrestling team, they even had shirts made up for him that read "RMC Wrestling".  He was actively recruiting other cadets to join the team next year. You may see a team sooner than you think.

NCdt Lumber said:
That cadet who was wrestling with the Queen's wrestling team was only practicing with them. He is the sole member of an offical RMC wrestling team, they even had shirts made up for him that read "RMC Wrestling".  He was actively recruiting other cadets to join the team next year. You may see a team sooner than you think.

That's cool. In my experience, getting things done that don't come from the top require an act of God, and even with that, results are uncertain. If things are changing or are different on the wrestling side of thing, then that's great for wrestlers at RMC. I just hope they do better than our other varsity teams. ;)

Back