• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Suspect and police dog killed in Campbell River after RCMP try to stop vehicle

You're making an assumption that there is a difference. Not saying that it is the case here, but the media can make assumptions, speculations, draw straight line where they don't exist - the police cannot.

If the BC system is anything like Ontario, once the civilian investigative agency has invoked its mandate, the police are extremely limited as to what they can say.
That’s correct, and then even above and beyond that the RCMP are very averse to give basically any useful at all.

IMHO, Calgary sets a very high standard for public engagement on stuff like this. I’ve seen some excellent pressers out of Winnipeg as well.

People love animals.

We had a Toronto Police horse named Brigadier stationed at the Horse Palace in the C.N.E. .

He was hit by a car at Kingston Rd. and Lawrence Ave. E. , in Scarborough.

Paramedics responded and attended to him as best they could. But, he had to be shot. In the middle of the street.

Brigadier's funeral drew over 1,000 people. Including the mayor, the Lt. Gov. of Ontario, the Public Security Minister and other government officials.

R.I.P. Gator

Incidentally

That’s correct, and then even above and beyond that the RCMP are very averse to give basically any useful at all.

IMHO, Calgary sets a very high standard for public engagement on stuff like this. I’ve seen some excellent pressers out of Winnipeg as well.
There`s a pretty good team of PR officers here in Winnipeg. Having said that the Major Crimes Unit is pretty good too.

Back