• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Swearing in and beginning BMQ with the Essex and Kent Scottish Regiment

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 44947
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 44947

I got a call a few days ago and it was the recruiter of the Essex and Kent Scottish Regiment informing me that I am going to be getting sworn into the unit as well as begin BMQ. I will be sworn in on the 5th of Sept and weekend BMQ begins Sept, 27th. I am wondering what should I expect for both?

Swearing in:

How long after swearing in will I get my kit?
Do they give me the kit at the unit HQ or do I go somewhere to pick it up?

BMQ:

What should I expect from BMQ with the PRes?

I am very excited and have prepared for a very long time for this (Since I was 6 years old). I would like to know the honest answer for the BMQ part of the questions. I am not worried and I am quite excited.

Is there anyone else here beginning BMQ with the Essex and Kent Scottish Regiment in Windsor?
Is there anyone from the unit on this forum?

Sorry about all of the questions.

I also just got my call, I will be swearing in on the 5th as well.

Not sure when the weekend BMQ starts, was only told to show up on the 5th!  :)

Oh ok nice!
I will see you there Thursday! BMQ begins Sept, 27th the recruiter at the unit told me. Do you have FB so I can chat with you there? I have some questions regarding the whole swearing in and BMQ.
My facebook is: https://www.facebook.com/SeaonBelasco if you would like to add me. Thanks man.

Your CoC will have more info for you in regards to your kit. I don't know how the E&K runs things. For BMQ it will be run on weekends until January (ish) then you will do BMQ Land. Expect to work hard, and have "fun"

AgentSmith said:
Your CoC will have more info for you in regards to your kit. I don't know how the E&K runs things. For BMQ it will be run on weekends until January (ish) then you will do BMQ Land. Expect to work hard, and have "fun"

It may not be "fun" at the time; but later you will reflect on it and think of as "fun".    ;D

George Wallace said:
It may not be "fun" at the time; but later you will reflect on it and think of as "fun".    ;D

Yeah, I have heard from a couple of friends both in PRes that it all the work put into it brings reward and pride. I know I will not have too much of a problem with it because I will just remember that every other person wearing a uniform and is a member of the regiment went through the exact same process and training as I will be going through. It helps me get through things when I think of them like that.

Congratulations lads on getting in with the E&K Scottish, a fine unit no doubt! With an attitude like that Seaon09 you will no doubt pass with flying colors. Keep your head up!

May I suggest reading upon the following link in regards to the swearing in ceremony: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/97112.0.html

In accordance to BMQ there are multiple if not hundreds of topics on this site with regards into BMQ information and "Experiences" all you need is just a search away.

Here's a freebie by typing in "Hansol's BMQ Guide" on Google. It's not Pres but still useful no doubt. Links here: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/42715.0

Back