• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Templars Reprieved. Huzzah!

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's about time, bless 'em

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/10/05/wvatican105.xml

Finlay they can walk with heads raised and backs straight LMAO...

In all seriousness it's not a bad thing I wonder if this will draw open at least one veil of secrecy from modern groups that draw linage from the Templar Knights.

HitorMiss said:
In all seriousness it's not a bad thing I wonder if this will draw open at least one veil of secrecy from modern groups that draw linage from the Templar Knights.

Nope.  ;)

dileas

tess

I agree Tess.  At least coming to terms with admitting they were wrong only took 700 years.

Can you say "Spanish Inquisition"?

[Can you say "Spanish Inquisition"?
[/quote]

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise!... Surprise and fear... fear and surprise... Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency! Our three weapons are fear, and surprise, and ruthless efficiency... and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope... Our four... no... Amongst our weapons... Hmf... Amongst our weaponry... are such elements as fear, surpr... I'll come in again." 

;D >:D I could not resist!

Spencer100 said:

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise!... Surprise and fear... fear and surprise... Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency! Our three weapons are fear, and surprise, and ruthless efficiency... and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope... Our four... no... Amongst our weapons... Hmf... Amongst our weaponry... are such elements as fear, surpr... I'll come in again." 

Yes,  that's a male genetic trait.  ;D

Spencer100 said:

Cardinal Fang! Bring out the...................comfy chair! :rofl:

emmiee said:
I agree Tess.  At least coming to terms with admitting they were wrong only took 700 years.

Can you say "Spanish Inquisition"?

The attack on the Templars was initiated by a French King, that owed them money.  They were a Monastic Catholic order that were the Soldiers and protectors of Outremer.

The Spanish Inquisition occurred almost 200 years later, and was the persecution of Jews and Muslims in Spain.

But  ya, hurray history!

jester.gif

knight.gif

dileas

tess

caused by an accidental filing error....

wonder what they will find in the Archives 700 years from now?

Adolph is pardoned & canonized?

HEY... stranger things have happened (Polish pope followed by a German one)

Back