• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The 3 Options

Invalesco

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey I was wondering something, on the application to enroll it asks me what I would like to pick as my career. Well what I want to do is to join the infantry, so thats my first choice, then it says something about, what else would you want to do ( list 2 more choices ) . Now I don't know what else I would like to do, I'm I able just to put infantry, because I'm most likly to get in right? (If i pass all my tests and get accepted)

I have been told that if you don't want to do anything else, don't put it down. Also, I have been told...again...that if you choose infantry, they will usually give it to you considering you pass pt, CFAT, and whatnot. This is just what I have been told in regards to ROTP so don't take my word. I'm sure someone in recruiting can further clarify.

You don't have to put three choices if you don't have all three to fill out. I only put down two. I believe it comes down to what trades you do select. In some cases you may not qualify or the recruiting number may be low, so they just would like to have other options. For example if your first choice is not available, they may offer you your second choice and so on.

Cheers.

:cdn:

I think that you have to research on all the trades out there as well. Originally I put infantry down as a first choice, and after all my testing was offered infantry. However when the vision requirments changed I was no longer eligible for infantry and was given the chance to go to another trade. I think it's good to get in a second choice, if you find out that their is something along the application process that could take away your chance to go infantry. Recruiting policies can change and affect your application.

Just my 0.02 cents

Back