• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Next Step......

proudnurse

Inactive
Reaction score
I have not talked about this in a while, when I first came to Army.ca I think some of you remember that I was interested in becoming a NO. Well, I'm off for the next step (or finally after a bit of time) after a 2 week holiday (well hers, not mine) my daughter is going back to school after Christmas Holidays. We just spent a wonderful weekend in Newmarket with my Brother and his Wife/and she has offered me all of her Nursing books from University, so I came home with a full car trunk! I've been doing a bit of correspondence work from home a few hours a week for my English/Math and Science (to get my mind working for class studies again) I made an appt on Friday at Conestoga College and I'm going in for an assessment for my skills at 12pm on Mon Jan 8th. I have not taken any courses until I obtained my PSW certificate when my daughter was 3 (that is going on 4 yrs now/hard to believe)

Now, I have learned that as a PSW it is only one year of school (again) to obtain my RPN. My sis in law/suggested over the weekend that I should start with that and take this in "steps" I kind of feel since I am throwing myself into school again/that I want to reach for the top and get my RN instead. I guess the best thing to do is look forward to my appt at the College tomorrow and take it from there. I got the butterflies just writing about this/I'm excited but a little nervous at the same time. I remember the challenges as it was as a single parent/working and going to school 4 yrs ago, to even get this far to have the pleasure of working part time in homecare it was worth EVERY STEP OF THE WAY! 

Well, Brace yourself PN you're off for the next round, lol! God Bless

That's so great to hear you want to be an NO!!! I have to say in the whole 8 months since I graduated and started working, it's been great! And all I've done so far is my nursing courses and worked in the clinic. I start my orientation downtown tomorrow. Anyways, good luck with your plans...oh just wanted to say...in case you didn't know...you have to be an RN to join the military. As of right now I don't think there's positions for RPN's(that's the same as an LPN right? lol). Well congrats again on your plan.

Sarah

Back