• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Three die playing catch with grenade

• Thread starter Thread starter D-n-A
  • Start date Start date
D

D-n-A

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=2005-11-07T162452Z_01_EIC759082_RTRUKOC_0_US-BOSNIA-GRENADE.xml

Three die playing catch with grenade

BANJA LUKA, Bosnia (Reuters) - A hand grenade being used instead of a ball in a game of catch exploded early on Saturday killing three youths in this Bosnian town, police and news agencies said.

Two youths aged 19 and 20, one of them from neighboring Croatia, were killed instantly while a 20-year-old woman died on her way to hospital, police said. Her sister was slightly injured but two other youths suffered serious injuries.

The blast occurred at 2:00 a.m. in the western town of Novi Grad at a place in the town center frequented by youngsters. Police said an inquiry was under way and declined further comment. It was not clear why the grenade exploded.

ONASA news agency quoted witnesses as saying the youths tossed the hand grenade to each other before it exploded in the hands of one of them.

Bosnia is awash with illegal weapons left over from the 1992-95 war and tragic incidents are frequent despite several successful campaigns by international peacekeepers and police to get people to hand over illegal weapons

Hopefully they didn't procreate, further contaminating the gene pool.

Brutal. I feel bad for their families.

"Hey Bubba! Hold my slivo and watch this!" ::)

Guess Kev must have blown his whistle.

"It was not clear why the grenade exploded."

Perhaps having 6-8 ounces of TNT inside it was involved somehow....Time to thin the herd... ::)

bomb.jpg

Sad though...

Kat Stevens said:
"It was not clear why the grenade exploded."

Perhaps having 6-8 ounces of TNT inside it was involved somehow....Time to thin the herd... ::)

But I've seen grenades go off on TV!

Everyone just leaps up in the air, yells a bit and flies off in one direction or another...They don't really kill you! ::)

On a semi-related note:  When I was in Croatia in '92, we were staying in a JNA barracks in Vukovar (google it, horrible place).  The JNA were still in residence at the time, and two of them got all slivo'd up, and decided to go into an ammo bunker.  The brilliant idea of playing catch with a mortar round occurred to them.  Needless to say, BEST GAME OF HOT POTATO EVER!  Loud thump, big flash, screaming Serb soldiers.  Hats off to our medics for jumping in with both feet (Sparky Spracklin, are you out there?).

Slim said:
But I've seen grenades go off on TV!

Everyone just leaps up in the air, yells a bit and flies off in one direction or another...They don't really kill you! ::)

isn't the the same for RPG'S  ;D

It's the latest extreme sport...maybe it could be marketed for television ;)

Uh!? having a game of catch with a grenade?   ???
Well yeah... it's obvious how the world is getting smarter   ::)

Besides the obvious stupidity of the people involved... Since when is a 19- or 20-year old called a "youth"????

This new X-sport of tossing around grenades needs an appropriate name if it is to take off on TV.  ;D

For example just putting a pistol to your head and pulling the trigger to see if you are lucky enough to line up the ONE is called Russian Roulette, very sexy name, every one now wants to be like Al Pacino in Deer Hunter. ::)

"Perhaps having 6-8 ounces of TNT inside it was involved somehow...."

- Grenades don't kill people, fragments do!

;D

Tom

Blue Max said:
This new X-sport of tossing around grenades needs an appropriate name if it is to take off on TV.   ;D

For example just putting a pistol to your head and pulling the trigger to see if you are lucky enough to line up the ONE is called Russian Roulette, very sexy name, every one now wants to be like Al Pacino in Deer Hunter. ::)

At least no one's played Russian roulette with an automatic yet...

I would be amazed if that were so.......someone out there must have been that stupid.

EDIT: What do you know........ ::)
Darwin Awards said:
Gun Safety Training
2000 Darwin Award Runner-Up
Confirmed True by Darwin
(28 February 2000, Texas) A Houston man earned a succinct lesson in gun safety when he played Russian roulette with a .45-caliber semiautomatic pistol. Rashaad, nineteen, was visiting friends when he announced his intention to play the deadly game. He apparently did not realize that a semiautomatic pistol, unlike a revolver, automatically inserts a cartridge into the firing chamber when the gun is cocked. His chance of winning a round of Russian roulette was zero, as he quickly discovered.

ROFLMFAO!!! Seriously! COME ON!! I am baffled at the idea of someone THAT STUPID made it to the age of 19!

EDIT: Forgot to mention his friends. Atleast ONE of them had to know how it was going to end. They must have let him carry on, for the sake of letting him put himself out of his misery.

Reading this thread makes me believe were not the final step in evolution.  ;)

Back