• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Top ten signs you've been single for too long

FredDaHead

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
I was inspired by askmen.com, but this is all mine, as it reflects my own life. (Ok, I'm not THAT much of a loser... am I?)

10. You think geeks have it easy and "1f y0u c4\ r34d th1$ y0u r3a11y n33d t0 g37 l41d" makes sense to you.
9. You wake up alone, again, and think "aaah, the freedom."
8. You sniff your jeans and decide they'll do for another day.
7. You randomly decide to watch a season of 24. In twenty-four hours. Several times in a row. With minimal sleep in-between.
6. You play various multiplayer games while watching reruns of the Daily Show and the Colbert Report, and think "this is the life."
5. You're proud of the fact that you watched 10 years of a TV series in less than a semester, without falling behind on your homework.
4. You've stopped buying new, expensive clothes; Wal-Mart and standard-issue green t-shirts will do. At worse, you can throw a sweater on top of it.
3. You don't want to look fit to attract the opposite sex; you just want people to shut up about it, already.
2. You don't even bother trying to pick up females anymore; if anything, it takes time away from watching movies and playing videogames.

And the number one sign you've been single for too long...

1. You think dating just takes money away from your drinking and partying budget.

I like how it's funny in a totally pathetic way. Please validate my attempts at self-deprecation, someone?

Sigh....

I can relate to 10, 9, 8, 2, and 1.....

If you need me im going to go cry now...

The Rifleman said:
there is an acronym in the UK for men like this - SAD

Single and Desperate!  ;)

Hello Rifleman... another Brit, eh? 

(sorry just checking out my new command of the word "eh?")

Crunchy duvet cover... unwashed.

yep - another East Atlantican  :-\

another thing is the tendency to reheat the remains of last nights takeaway for breakfast!

The Rifleman said:

another thing is the tendency to reheat the remains of last nights takeaway for breakfast!

You can be bothered to reheat it ???

The Rifleman said:

Woops, I think I left mine in the microwave over night. Oh well, it's probably still good.

My contribution:

-You take as many box lunches and IMPs as you can at the end of an ex, not because you are a starving student but because you will do anything to avoid cooking.
-You' re still using the same laundry detergent you bought 18 months ago.
-When you do do your laundry, its a full day's event.
-like a rabbit who uses the same trail in the woods, there is a distinct "path" carved out in your appartment floor amongst all the empty coke bottles and clothes.
-Your appartment smells perfectly fine to you but, just in case, you don't invite anyone over.

Your washing basket is full of panties you've found
You try to get a letuce in your fridge but can't squeeze it in between all the cans of beer
You need to buy some curtains but can only find magazines full of cars and girls
You keep bumping into that 6 foot super base speaker
Your TV blocks out the light
and you're worryingly happy in the afternoon when you wake up.

And for some dmb reason, you suddenly think that there must be more to life.

"As I stood there with the fridge open, drinking chocolate rice milk from the container and eating processed cheese slices... I thought to myself, "I've really made something of my life, how far I have come!".

;D I stole this signature from a buddy of mine who is bound & determined to stay single.

I think it says it all.

I've been single for 5 years now.  Two weeks ago I realised it might be a little to long when this total cutie asked if we could see more of eachother more often and my first thought was "But wont that cut down on the amount we can date other people". 

Thankfully,  it was taken as a joke ...  :warstory:

Yeah but just don't tell my wife...Don't think she would find the humour in it....   :-X

edit:  Your not calling me old are you??  ;)

For sale: Bachelor's life

Up for sale is a slightly used bachelor's life in Ottawa, Ontario.

Comes with:
-single appartment in shifty neighbourhood
-fully furnished with single mouldy bed, desk, computer, and counch
-empty fridge
-fully boozed
-complete cookset (1 pot and 1 frying pan)
-6 month stock of Kraft Dinner
-Milk may need to be replaced soon... Milk Does need to be replaced
-Crazy neighbour below may think you have parties every night when in fact that's you playing video games.

I am willing to trade it for a daughter of some >20 <30 years of age.

Practically still out of its wrapper!

give me a PM if interested.
-

career_radio-checker said:
oops you're only 26 and I'm 2 years younger so of course not   ;)

Yes and because only people that are older than me are old I will never be old because I can't be older than my self....  And If I keep telling myself that then its true.... ;D

241 said:
Yes and because only people that are older than me are old I will never be old because I can't be older than my self....  And If I keep telling myself that then its true.... ;D

Denial of one's own age is one of the first stages of old age.

Denial of one's own age is one of the first stages of old age.

And how would you know this? 

Ref: 
oops you're only 26 and I'm 2 years younger so of course not   ;)

;D

Frederik G said:
I was inspired by askmen.com, but this is all mine, as it reflects my own life. (Ok, I'm not THAT much of a loser... am I?)

10. You think geeks have it easy and "1f y0u c4\ r34d th1$ y0u r3a11y n33d t0 g37 l41d" makes sense to you.
--> Damn, that hurts :P
7. You randomly decide to watch a season of 24. In twenty-four hours. Several times in a row. With minimal sleep in-between.
--> ...I've watched all of season 5 in about... a day and a half.
6. You play various multiplayer games while watching reruns of the Daily Show and the Colbert Report, and think "this is the life."
--> Naw, its just the Colbert Report now, Daily show is starting to lose it.
5. You're proud of the fact that you watched 10 years of a TV series in less than a semester, without falling behind on your homework.
--> ...I have never thought of it that way. ...I need to get out, now.
1. You think dating just takes money away from your drinking and partying budget.
--> +100! ...But I love my partying and drinking!

Fred, why must you make us geeks seem so... lame? Thanks for the damper on the day :P

(I'm going home to watch me some Prison Break, The Unit, 24, and Battlestar Galactica. Have a good reading week, for all those in college!)

Back