• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

I really wonder why you can't vote online at this point. If the system is secure enough to file taxes, it should be secure enough to vote over a period of a few days. Physically showing up to a voting center is so 1990.

I don't understand people who cant take time out of their day to vote, its been legislated you have to be allowed time to vote for gods sake. Its the ultimate expression of opulence and superficiality IMHO.

, its been legislated you have to be allowed time to vote for gods sake.

That's true. Polls are open for 12 hours across the country on election day.

I worked 0700-1900 Mon - Fri. Not every day, of course.

You go off-duty at 1700 on Election day.

But, if the tones go off at 16:59 - out you go. And you are mandated to stay out until they say so. Possibly 2300. "Operational necessity" they called it.

That's true. Polls are open for 12 hours across the country on election day.

I worked 0700-1900 Mon - Fri. Not every day, of course.

You go off-duty at 1700 on Election day.

But, if the tones go off at 16:59 - out you go. And you are mandated to stay out until they say so. Possibley 2300. "Operational necessity" they called it.

She’ll apologize, maybe even cry a little. Then the Government will continue rolling forward in its genuine, caring way.

#EthicallySoundLatherRinseRepeatUntilTheNextElection

CBC: Quebec government wants Amira Elghawaby to resign as federal representative to combat Islamophobia, just days into her new job.

This is the article in question.

Trudeau has enough time and space between now and the next election to f*ck off Quebec on this one and slide them a few big contracts closer to the election.

Check this out. The leader of the opposition ask a very simple question, How much money was given to McKinsey. And the lying weasel PM can't even answer a simple question

Question period. Not answer period.
Yup. I remember throwing my shoe at the TV when Chrétien did it, then being told that. Since then, I have noticed everyone doing it.

Chrétien, Martin, Harper, Trudeau.

Clark, Campbell, Clark (not related)

Selinger, Pallister, Stefanson.

It probably happened before then too. That’s when I started paying attention.

You've been retired for 3x elections now.

Pierre is counting on you; do the right thing.

Sure, I'll do it.

After 14 years collecting rocking chair money, It will feel good being useful for a change!

Nope. No way.

Without physical votes to count, any voting program is subject to hacking.
Yup, and anyone who says they have an absolutely, 100% secure system is fibbing. With what we've seen go on in some of the US states, and what we've heard foreign actors are trying to do, a physical ballot of some form is necessary.
Yes, your can file your taxes online - but you don't have to. With all of the advance polls and mail-in options available now, there is little excuse.

Back