• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs ??? - Vote Hard with a Vengence

BBC and other media confirm. Biden will finish his presidential term but will not run for reelection and has not endorsed a successor.

Election day is in November but early ballots go out in September. The Democrats will have to move exceptionally fast and will need to be mindful of likely legal challenges from the Republicans to try to keep the new nominee off the ballot under peculiarities of various state election laws.

Either way, get ready for a ride. The Democrats have made a huge move here, gotta see if they can stick the landing.

The scrambling begins. Who's to lead the ticket? Harris? A senator? A governor? George Clooney?

A lot may depend on what happens with funds already raised for Biden and who else can benefit from them. That might end up being very convoluted.

Ironically, the candidate stepping down is the one with the temperament, humility, and the simple ability to put the good of the country before himself.

And Biden gives "full support and endorsement for Kamala [Harris] to be the nominee of our party this year."

Weak candidate, which won’t do much for the sagging democratic polls.

Honestly to me they would have had a better shot with a political outsider like George Clooney as he at least doesn’t have significant negative baggage (real or perceived)

Yes Harris is female and black, but she’s not done really anything in the current administration, and is fairly lackluster to me.

Honestly to me they would have had a better shot with a political outsider like George Clooney as he at least doesn’t have significant negative baggage (real or perceived)

Yes Harris is female and black, but she’s not done really anything in the current administration, and is fairly lackluster to me.

She hasn't done anything, but does she really have to? All she needs to do is follow the script and direction she will be given. If the upper echelon of the party wants her, she'll get the job. Just like Clinton and Sanders, it'll be engineered who gets the nod.

We’ll see how much his endorsement ends up meaning.

Whatever happens, as soon as the Dems select their candidate, they’d better 100% rally around them.

If we’re gonna speculate on wacky picks: the Dems could run a self-made billionaire with massive name recognition and a heavy appeal to young voters. Taylor Swift 2024!

Biden endorsed Harris. As his running mate, she can continue to use his contributions.

A lot may depend on what happens with funds already raised for Biden and who else can benefit from them. That might end up being very convoluted.

Biden endorsed Harris. As his running mate, she can continue to use his contributions.

Yup… Convoluted.

It’ll be interesting to see how major Democrat donors do or don’t step up for a replacement candidate given how involved they were in the pressure to drop out.

Or maybe Alec Baldwin, he's a real straight shooter.

I suspect he made the decision long ago and was just... Biden his time.
Ready To Go Sunglasses GIF by ION Mystery

so one down and one more to swap out so that Americans can have two actual credible candidates for President

so one down and one more to swap out so that Americans can have two actual credible candidates for President
It’ll be funny if the ‘old and infirm’ rhetoric suddenly flips around to bite Trump.

A fun one I just saw- back in 2020 it was reported that Trump donated to Kamala Harris’ Attorney General campaign. Pictures of that check are making the rounds. It means nothing of course but it’s a funny, minor ‘gotcha’.

We’re gonna see what’s usually a year or more of campaigning crammed into just over 100 days. This is gonna be bananas.

Obama has now made a statement but without an endorsement.

Back