• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

USA F-16's Chase CAN Light Plane That Took Off Without Permission

The man who allegedly stole a plane from Confederation College in April 2009 will have to wait until September to face the charges against him.  The case against 33-year-old Adam Dylan Leon, charged with theft over $5,000, was adjourned to Sept. 1 during a Friday (8 Jul 11) hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice.  Leon is accused of stealing the Confederation College plane and going on an unauthorized flight across three U.S. states on April 6, 2009 ....
Source:  tbnewswatch.com, 8 Jul 11

Bump up with the latest.....
The Thunder Bay man who stole a college airplane and flew it into the U.S. won’t appear in court again until next month.  Attorneys met briefly in the Ontario Court of Justice in Thunder Bay on Wednesday to adjourn the matter of Adam Leon until Nov. 2. Leon did not appear in court as he was in Toronto and was represented by his lawyer ....
tbnewswatch.com, 5 Oct 11

Bump with the latest....
The man accused of stealing a Confederation College plane in 2009 continues to wait to discover his fate.

Adam Leon’s laywer, Neil McCartney, filed an argument in writing Monday morning on whether his client can be prosecuted in Canada after having already been convicted and jailed for two years in an American prison for illegally entering the United States and interstate transportation of a stolen aircraft.

Leon, 33, has been charged with theft over $5,000 after taking the aircraft for an unscheduled flight from the Thunder Bay airport.

He was arrested in Missouri, after being pursued by U.S. fighter jets and finally landing on a secondary highway.

Following his release last year, Leon was deported back to Canada, and was charged with theft by Thunder Bay Police.

The Crown asked for time to file its own argument in writing.

Both arguments will be reviewed on June 27; a hearing will be set at that time.
tbnewswatch.com, 28 May 12

"He has told the court he suffered from depression."

When I'm feeling a little blue I steal planes and cross international boarders with it. I am so sick and tired of seeing depression or PTSD being used as a catch-all.

I murdered my wife cause my mom didnt love me.... ::)

"He learned in December 2010 that he would be released from prison and sent back to Canada, where there were outstanding warrants for his arrest because of the laws broken in this country as a result of the plane theft."
His lawyer only now submitted papers? Stall and then throw it out, that is our justice system (read: lawyers salary)

Dogger, I hear ya...

My dad used to be unhappy with the fact the small depression in the field would fill with rainwater and nothing had a chance to grow there, but he never contemplated suicide. That was my upbringing on depression.

ME

Adam Leon will have another day in court as his special plea was dismissed Tuesday.

A Confederation College aviation student at the time, Leon made international headlines in 2009 when he stole a plane from the school’s aviation program near Thunder Bay International Airport and flew into U.S. airspace before coming down in Missouri.

He was convicted in the U.S. and sentenced to two years in prison for illegally entering that country and interstate transportation of a stolen aircraft.

Leon has been charged with theft over $5,000 in Canada but made a special plea of autrefois convict, which is similar to double jeopardy.

In her decision Tuesday, Judge Joyce Pelletier said the charges are not the same.

“The American offenses could only be committed in the United States,” she said referring to the charges of illegal entry and transportation of stolen goods.

“Theft in Canada is a different charge of a different nature.”

(....)

His next court date is Dec. 21.
tbnewswatch.com, 18 Dec 12

Back