• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

USAF considering creating A10 squadron in SOCOM

cameron

Inactive
Reaction score
Just read this on the Air Force News Brief I get in my e-mail.  The Chief-of-Staff of the USAF, General Michael Moseley, says he is seriously considering creating an A10 Thunderbolt Counterinsurgency (COIN) Squadron within Air Force Special Operations Command.  Personally I think this is a great idea, would love to see it become reality, i've always seen the Warthog and the Harrier as great potential specops platforms.  You can get the gist of the story at http://jdw.janes.com/public/jdw/americas.shtml

Note the above link will give you a summary, to read the full story you must have a subscription.

The F35 may look sexier (in an Angelina Jolie kinda way) but no attack aircraft lays down lead, and has the survivability like the A10. :fifty:

I just wish they would follow their own(US) reports covering the last seven years on the A10 and COIN and EITHIER build a new COIN aircraft or take an existing airframe(Texan comes to mind) and off the shelf it. The A10 is just too long in the tooth and my Christmas card list keeps getting shorter.  :mad:

Back