• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Vancouver Reserves Recruits

Textsurfer

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone out there have experience with the Reserve units in Vancouver, B.C.? Specifically A COMPANY, ROYAL WESTMINSTER REGIMENT or 12 FIELD AMBULANCE.

I am in the process of applying, and while waiting to get in touch with the right people - wondering if ya'll could share some tips or experience. The recruiter I talked to said it was really dependent on the reserve unit in terms of Basic Military training, and the types of positions open.

There's not much information online about these two units specifically operate, thanks!

Textsurfer.

BMQ is the same across Canada for reservists everywhere. The times on when courses are run can differ. I would suggest going down to the unit your interested in joining and seeing if there is a unit recruiter available. They will be able to tell you about positions that are available.

Good Luck

Thanks Teager, I am awaiting for someone to  call me back now. Summer hours are reduced. Any idea if they still run parade nights? Some state "parade hours 1900-2100 Sept-June" so I would assume they don't parade during summer.

More likely than not, will probably take a little bit to get in touch with someone at the reserve units.

Will see if the CFRC recruiter has tips.

They should begin parading again in September right after the long weekend. Most reserve units do have day staff around. A unit recruiter may be on reduced hours though. If you go down to the unit ask one of the day staff when they begin parading again.

Thanks Teager, I have gotten in touch with the recruiter at one of the local reserves. Now I have to decide what I want to go for, artilleryman, infantry...or even communications. They all seem quite interesting, but I am leaning towards artilleryman.

Does what you do in the reserves have any effect if you want to one day join the regular forces later? My initial outlook right now is to join the reserves for a while, while I find my place in the civilian world. (Graduating from university).  :)

Working in the reserves you do get lots of opportunity to work with the regular force. Majority of your training will be at reg force bases which can let you see what they work with and the living environment. The reserves is a good place to see if military life is for you. If you really enjoy it you can always apply to transfer to the reg force.

Back