• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanted: CF Ballistic Eyewear

carl_54

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for a pair of CF Issue Ballistic Eyewear, preferably in Medium or Large. Also, if you don't have them but know where to get them please advise me.

Thanks,
Carl

If you want a pair for "civie" use, you can buy the Deluxe set at R.Nichols.  It uses a black frame instead of OD and has an extra yellow lens.

prod_sawfly1a.jpg

If your missing your issued BEW's, I assume the answer is go to Stores, tell them the truth and pay for a new pair.  However I'm fairly new at the system so someone may correct me.

Cheers

Bomber said:
Go to the auction, heaps of them, most BNIB.

Sorry, what auction do you mean?

Mine ran away, I just need a pair quickly. I'm fairly new as well, I assumed I would I have to file a missing kit report...

We carry these as well, less expensive than Nichols is selling them for!!

The best bet would be getting them issued again for free though :D

carl_54 said:
Sorry, what auction do you mean?

Mine ran away, I just need a pair quickly. I'm fairly new as well, I assumed I would I have to file a missing kit report...

Yes, you can have a MLR filled out, and, IIRC, once it is filled out and the decision is being made as to whether the Crown/you will be replacing them, you can get issued a 2nd pair so you have the kit.  Once the CoC determines "who" is responsible, then you might end up having an Admin deduction from your pay to cover them off.

Or something close to that, I recently did it for a pair of CADPAT temperate gloves I lost on the BFT in Oct.  I got my 2nd pair while waiting for the paperwork to process, lickety-split once Clothing Stores had a copy of the MLR that was in progress.

Lost kit is, unfortunately, a fact of life.
You must make every effort to get a grip on what the CF issues (lends) you but, for the most part, they want everything back.

As you claim to have lost your issue set, time to file a lost kit report, get a new pair & wait for a decision on if you are going to be made to pay for the loss.  If the kit was lost by no fault of your own, you should not be held responsible... then again... maybe you will.

Back