• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanted: Tactical Watch Band w/cover strap

Adrenaline

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey fellas

Are any of you familiar with this particular item?  Its basically a velcro watch band but what makes it so special is the cover strap that protects the face of the watch.  Ive been searching around the net for a canadian supplier but all ive found were US suppliers that ship to canada for $40 shipping charge and canadian suppliers that want me to become a member before i can brows around.

Here..this is pretty much it...
http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme%20gear/watches%20main/images%20for%20pages/tactstrap.jpg

Is it possible to find such item on a base supply store?  I'd like to have one of these. any help would be appreciated. thanks

-Adrenaline

I remember seeimg such items at the Valcartier canex, next to the mil-spex wallets and boot polish at the big grocery store.

Hey thanks for the help. 

I looked at Wheelersonline.com and i found exactly what i was looking for. Ordered and paid for.
Heres the item on the site....
http://www.cpgear.com/detail.aspx?ID=71

thanks again for everyones help.

-Adrenaline

why? Why bother? Why not just burn your money? Same amount of 'tactical' benefit.

why? Why bother? Why not just burn your money? Same amount of 'tactical' benefit.

lol,you crack me up cowboy

Para really has a good point.

A watch cover IS pretty pointless. If you're in the field your sleeves are rolled down anyways, and you may also be wearing gloves. Unless you've taken the strap off your shiney civvie style rolex, a Tactical Watchband just isn't very usefull. It looks keen to the untrained eye, but really, they're all gonna laugh at you. :-\

Just go with a crappy TIMEX Expedition Watch. It comes in subdued colours, is small enough to not get caught on stuff, and has all the functions you'd need on an army watch. Mine is pretty beat up after a few years use, but clock's still ticking and I've never been jacked for an un-cammed watchband.

Put your $12 towards some Camo Mechanix Gloves.
http://www.mechanix.com/detail.asp?product_id=MG#

Wonderbread said:
Para really has a good point.

A watch cover IS pretty pointless. If you're in the field your sleeves are rolled down anyways, and you may also be wearing gloves. Unless you've taken the strap off your shiney civvie style rolex, a Tactical Watchband just isn't very usefull. It looks keen to the untrained eye, but really, they're all gonna laugh at you. :-\

Just go with a crappy TIMEX Expedition Watch. It comes in subdued colours, is small enough to not get caught on stuff, and has all the functions you'd need on an army watch. Mine is pretty beat up after a few years use, but clock's still ticking and I've never been jacked for an un-cammed watchband.

Put your $12 towards some Camo Mechanix Gloves.
http://www.mechanix.com/detail.asp?product_id=MG#

+1, I used a "tactical" watchband for a while, then got rid of it. Smelled terrible after a short while, took up lots of room on the wrist, and generally was a pain in the ass. I went back to the good ol timex with a black velcro band. Works great and the watch itself is black and dark tan. Works way better than the silly covered watchbands.

More, those stupid things are secured with Velcro to cover the lens. Velcro is loud at night, especially when prone in the ambush.
Sleeves are quiet. So are gloves.

paracowboy said:
More, those stupid things are secured with Velcro to cover the lens. Velcro is loud at night, especially when prone in the ambush.
Sleeves are quiet. So are gloves.

...there you go interjecting common sense into the equation... ;)

little tip:
wear your watch like a chick - inside the wrist of your weak arm. The one NOT attached to your trigger finger.
Try it and see what I'm talking about.

paracowboy said:
little tip:
wear your watch like a chick - inside the wrist of your weak arm. The one NOT attached to your trigger finger.
Try it and see what I'm talking about.
Hey Para...some of us chick nurses wear our watches that way ;D

HL

omg JM that is so girlie and so gross...if you only knew me JM you would know that would never ever suit me...lol

HL

Hot Lips said:
....that would never ever suit me...lol

But it might be exactly what paracowboy was trying to describe.....after all, there may still be traces of Royal in his blood
>:D

Journeyman said:
But it might be exactly what paracowboy was trying to describe.....after all, there may still be traces of Royal in his blood
enough to kick your crusty ol' butt! Mike! We need a flippin' the bird smiley icon thingie.

Now, has anyone figured out why you should wear your watch as I described it? Before certain uncouth Airborne types, who shall remain nameless, jumped in with some sad attempt at humour?

paracowboy said:
Mike! We need a flippin' the bird smiley icon thingie.
....and I could use a shocked-misunderstood-angelic thingee too  ;)

paracowboy said:
Now, has anyone figured out why you should wear your watch as I described it?
Uh.....so that parade-square soldiers could watch the sweep second-hand in order to fire their fou de joie1 at the top of the hour?

--------------------
1 Typo of feu de joie intentional. Did y'all catch that malapropism in the explanation, which also indicates a reason for so wearing your watch, but employed in such as way as to take another swipe at that other, rock-painting Regiment?  Huh? See that? Not bad, eh  ;D

enough to kick your crusty ol' butt! Mike! We need a flippin' the bird smiley icon thingie.

Now, has anyone figured out why you should wear your watch as I described it? Before certain uncouth Airborne types, who shall remain nameless, jumped in with some sad attempt at humour?

Because as you bring a rifle to the ready position the your shirt sleeve will ride up slightly on your firing arm, exposing a watch thats on the top of your wrist to sunlight, reflection, and possibly the enemy.

Sort of like this guy:
82nd_more15_001.jpg

And you can tell the time on your non-dominant hand without flipping your wrist over...

HL

I still hate the ladybug thing JM...ewwwwwwww

Did y'all catch that malapropism in the explanation, which also indicates a reason for so wearing your watch, but employed in such as way as to take another swipe at that other, rock-painting Regiment?  Huh? See that? Not bad, eh
   VERY nice! I bow in the presence of a true master.

Wonderbread said:
Because as you bring a rifle to the ready position the your shirt sleeve will ride up slightly on your firing arm, exposing a watch thats on the top of your wrist to sunlight, reflection, and possibly the enemy.
well done!

Hot Lips said:
And you can tell the time on your non-dominant hand without flipping your wrist over
and part b. Well done to you.

Everyone gets to buy me a beer.

Back