• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanted: Universal Carrier tools and Equipment

Franko

Staff member
Directing Staff
Inactive
Reaction score
As some of you know we are currently restoring a Mk 1 Bren Gun Carrier in the Regiment. As such we are looking for any and all tools to do a proper rebuild.

If you or a relative would like to make a donation of said items to help restore a piece of WW 2 Canadian history to working condition please reply.

Here is a pic I scrounged up....I'll try to post more if I can get my grubby hands on a camera.

Regards

attachment.php

Franko,

If an extra comes your way, we need a starter solenoid for ours.

Are you running a Bendix starter with a manual solinoid?

Regards

Franko, check with Capt Mike Calnan, Calnan.MT@forces.gc.ca , he restores many military vehicles and has a running Bren Carrier as well as a slew of connections in the military restoration community.  If anyone can find what you are looking for, it is the Capt.

Mike has been to see our colection recently and he is willing to help us out as much as he can but nothing approaching giving up tools or kit. I don't blame him at all, these items are quite hard to find after all.

He did a fair assessment of what we have to work with and he says we have a VERY good base from which to start restoring the Bren Gun Carrier.

Thanks for the help though.

Regards

There is a Universal Carrier sitting in yard on the road heading out of Fredericton Junction towards New Maryland just outside Fredericton.  I've never stopped and asked but its been sitting there for around six years.

Just a FYI, maybe someone here actually knows who owns it.

Anyone in Gagetown willing to take a gander and get back to me?

Regards

Try these guys http://www.westerncommand.com/ .They have a running carrier and may know a good place for parts.

Thanks for the info....I'll give 'em a try.

Regards

Franky.. My girlfriend knows the family that owns that carrier in Freddy Junction.  I'll have to ask her about them and see if I can get in touch.. I believe he has two of them actually. Let me get back to you.

Sweet....let me know how she makes out.

Regards

Well she makes out pretty well. which is why I have kept her as my girlfriend for so long.  As for the guy with the carrier, I have his number and details.  I tried to call you at "work" yesterday but you were out playing on exercise.  Turns out he is her childhood friends' father so this could turn out pretty good, if he is going to share.

I'll get in touch on other means.... OUT

Regards

Back