• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

War of the Ads

ruckmarch

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Seems ad companies are really pushing it these days, trying to get one over each other with their sexual innuendo or connotation ads.

First there was this one last months done for burger king

Burger King Blows Its Marketing Wad

http://www.thebigmoney.com/blogs/daily-bread/2009/06/24/burger-king-blows-its-marketing-wad

Now there is this one by Sprite banned in Germany

Sprite Oral Sex ad banned in Germany

It was the cumshot heard ‘round the world! The internet has been blowing up over a recent Sprite ad that was banned for its orally offensive content.  New York Press has the inside scoop, thanks to John Jones IV, 23, the ab-tastic young model whose bubbles were featured at the end of the commercial.

"The funny thing is, it's a spec commercial—it's not even real," he said today over the phone from his home in Williamsburg.

"I moved [to New York] to break into the music industry," said the classically trained musician and a producer of electronic R&B. Currently he DJs weekly at the Cock and Sugarland. "But anything that'll pay my bills, I go with," he said

Directed by Max Isaacson, a video "genius" who's done work for MTV and Greencard Pictures

http://www.akirathedon.com/2009/07/watch-the-sprite-blowjob-ad/

At least with the Burger King ad, one has to make the connection (some people wouldn't get it) but the Sprite ad is pretty blatant.  Not surprised it got banned.

There's no faster way to make sure an ad spreads through the young internet-savvy population than getting it banned by the establishment.  Who says this isn't all part of the plan.

Michael O'Leary said:
There's no faster way to make sure an ad spreads through the young internet-savvy population than getting it banned by the establishment.  Who says this isn't all part of the plan.

You're probably right about that. 

Anyone ever seen the "Evony" ads alongside Facebook or other sites? It's a web-based Roleplaying game, and their ads have been getting steadily worse as time goes on.

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/001286.html

Check this out; now that's why I call progressive advertisement ;D

Anyone remember the old Wendy's commercial before Dave died?
That is definatly not PC these days...phew!
:blotto:

BYT Driver said:
Anyone remember the old Wendy's commercial before Dave died?
That is definatly not PC these days...phew!

Which one?  Where's the beef?

Nope.
Hot and Juicy... ;D
I think "where's the beef" was BK?
???

nope - Where's the Beef? was Wendy's like way back in the 80s.  Little old lady would say it into the camera...

how's that for wrong LOL

BYT Driver said:
Nope.
Hot and Juicy... ;D
I think "where's the beef" was BK?
???

Lil_T, don't forget some of us from that era have sumziemers..
WTB was Wendy's, so was Hot and Juicy.  LOL, still chuckling over how some of these ads were waaayyy out in PC land. :blotto:
"2 all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, pickles, onions and cheese on a sesame seed bun"

8)

Neo Cortex said:
Anyone ever seen the "Evony" ads alongside Facebook or other sites? It's a web-based Roleplaying game, and their ads have been getting steadily worse as time goes on.

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/001286.html

Check this out; now that's why I call progressive advertisement ;D

I've been seeing them all the time lately, I don't know how the last two correlate with the game.

Smirnoff123 said:
I've been seeing them all the time lately, I don't know how the last two correlate with the game.

Play the game and hot girls will swoon and bare their lingerie while you're around.

Hmm, perhaps they've been taking some hints from the Molson crew?

Smirnoff123 said:

Read the comments on the link:

Yes, sex sells, however you normally make an effort to put your product in the limelight along with whatever sex appeal you're drawing from... Apparently that nuance got lost in the last ad iteration when they went OHLOOKBOOBIESCLICKCLICKCLICK

;D  Too true, eh?  ::)

Sex sells??
I'd like to know how the "ad men" figure we other normal men can drink loads of beer and still be hunky to the womens...if I drank that "b-e-e-r" (notice I spelled it loosely!?) it would either give me a wicked headache or just put me to sleep. Besides, drinking loads of beer only gives you a beer belly and does not make you hunky to the womens.  :nod:  Better beers don't need ads...Guinness, Killkenney, Newcastle, and I'll add Keith's into this cuz I'm from down east, eh?  :piper:

The whole "sex sells" type of advertisements seem to rarely be aimed at women, unfortunately.  :'(  Although, I certainly see more ads geared towards women now than I used to.  I find a lot of the ones that are supposedly aimed at women are actually aimed at men because the basic message of the ad is "Ladies, buy this or do this and your man will love you/find you sexy".  ::)

Moe:
You're welcome
h_calcover_450x442.jpg

Woo hoo!!  My day has been made.  ;D
That's not an ad, though, it's a calendar cover, is it not?

Easy Moe, easy or no beefcake for you..LOL
I don't think all SEALs look like that ???
What happened to firefighters ???

Back