• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Weapon Configuration

• Thread starter Agent-Orange
  • Start date
A

Agent-Orange

Recently i saw a photo in the local newspaper of a Canadian Infantry soldier in Afghanistan with a C7A1 rifle what appeared to be a AN/PEQ-2 laser aiming device. I‘m curious what devices Canadian Infanty uses besides the C79 Eclan? I‘m in the process of purchasing a M9 Bayonette would that be something allowed on field ex or deployment overseas?

You aren‘t allowed to bring any personal weapons overseas with you...

I wouldn‘t advise mounting you own bayonet on your rifle either, that‘ll serve to get a lot of **** brought down onto you.

In fact, if you were to fix a bayonet without the order to do so, you‘d be in a world of hurt.

Thanx for responding guys... lmfao I guess that makes common sense...I should have been more specific. Are these lasers sights common kit then? So no custom survival knifes are allowed to be carried on the individual/ruck, unless they are issued by armouries wether it has Bayonet lugs or not? I seen people with custom tactical/dust goggles but i suppose that falls under a total different category of kit.

The laser sights are not commonly issued kit - deployed battle groups are getting them basically to test out as I understand it.

As for a knife, you will find that most people carry some form or utility knife in the field. The most common ones seem to be Russell-pattern knives and Spyderco or Gerber folding lock-knives. Essentially you want something practical that can be carried easily. Unit SOPs will vary but it is generally not permitted to add your own knife to webbing.

The IR Lasers are indeed general issue in the reg force Inf battalions,each Company has a few to issue out for night ops,usually works out to a couple per section.The PAQ4 is also issued as are Kite and Maxi Kite sights.
As for your own knife,yes you are allowed to bring them on Operations,the M9 bayonet is acceptable in in most reg force units but if you break it or lose it well tough luck.In short in most cases you can use it and have it on your kit,heck I used to carry a full size Kurkri on my webbing,now I have a Brit Para Knife.
The deciding factor is how anal your RSM and CSMs are.

i knife would contort the balance of your gun, and there was one other fact that i just thought of but i forget it now...hmm

They may have laser sights, but most likely they are flashlights attached under the barrrel with a remote switch just infront of the trigger guard. I know some of they guys had them prior to going over for OBUA fighting.

Flashlights and laser sites on your rifle do a great job at telling everyone exactly where you are.

Ever hear of infrared? Very handy in dark allys for pointion out things without lighting up the place. Yes, in lasers and flashlights!

Back