• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What about the medics?

For the thing with the berets, it happened in the regs with the pull back of the medical pers from the comanding units, as for the accoutrements on the uniform... you technically are not supposed to wear the accoutrements of another unit or trade... therefore wearing of the regiments insignia when you are a medic is incorrect.

As for the command badge and the brigade patch, since we are no longer members of a brigade we do not wear the patch, we are now lodger units of bases, and members of a numbered health services group ie.. for myself in valcartier, I am a member of 4 Gp de service de sante.  As for the command badge we will be getting issued the ADM-HR (Mil) command badge. It is white with a red strip from top to bottom and the gryphon (the mythical beast and not the helicopter) upon it. The gryphon is in gold. The reason we get the ADM-HR (MIL), is due to the fact that we fall under that command.

snooprobbiedog said:
Well, since my last post in this thread (Sept. 2001), I've started parading with the local Fd Amb (since early 2004), and wearing a green beret... Being with the Fd Amb is better from a training point of view, and I do occasionally go out on MedA taskings with the old unit (where they make fun of the green beret :eek:).

Rob  :cdn:

Welcome Back Rob !

It's nice to see some follow up on your original posts from 2001, and even more interesting to compare them.

Thanks for coming back with updates.

Back