• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What are the must pass subjects for IAP/BOTP?

• Thread starter Thread starter Tigger
  • Start date Start date
T

Tigger

I mean at the school exam level. The reason I'm asking is that some things are on the "has to participate in" basis (if I understand correctly), such as PT in general, 13 km march, polishing boots, etc.
What about SL training?
Thanks for the info !  :salute:

On account of my large childhood respect for Tigger I will fire some information off.

Direct yourself to:

http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca//english/officers/formation/formation_01.asp

Here you will find a week by week description of training.   Anything that says exam or test is graded.   The wonderful thing about the military is they ensure you are taught everything before they test you.   To this end, the only real preparation required on your part is to show up switched on, willing to learn.  

I would love some clarification on the participation based activities.   Bring to my mind the idea of, "Hey Sarge, if you don't mind I'm gonna sit this one out.   It's a little chilly out there this morning."   Anyways, let me know what you think might not be mandaotory and we will sort it out.

Second language training is not a component of IAP/BOTP but training unto itself.   It is usually undertaken following IAP/BOTP unless the candidate can score a sufficient score on the language proffeciency index.   All officers are expected to move towards bilingual status and will not move past Capt or Maj without it.

Finally, off topic and all, why is it all the pictures of officer cadets have us smiling like goofs at a summer camp?   Does this serve to draw the right type of persons to the Canadian forces? All smiles, posed for pictures suggests that joining the CF is just a giant social club.   I wonder how many people quit in the first week as a result of such misconceptions.

Search Words
Officer Training
Candian Forces Leadership and Recruit School

Finally, off topic and all, why is it all the pictures of officer cadets have us smiling like goofs at a summer camp?  Does this serve to draw the right type of persons to the Canadian forces? All smiles, posed for pictures suggests that joining the CF is just a giant social club.  I wonder how many people quit in the first week as a result of such misconceptions.

I've brought this up often as well.  One only has to luck at the "thumbs up" for CFLRS St Jean and they would think our Army was a pack of retarded children.  I still think the RM add with the guy puking is the best one out there; something we should strive for.

Back