• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Whats Your story

Steve said:
No I won't deny that my attitude has slipped since I began .. how could it not? I tried to keep it up for almost a year now and at one point or another people just get worn down. I am still trying to be positive but it is getting harder and harder to put a positive light on things.

Cmre = Commissionaire

oh thanks, I'm still having problems with the acronyms. Maybe Mike will consider putting a link to them at the top of the page? :D

I really do understand your frustration. I still don't even know if, after all I've done to get this far, I will qualify. But the way I look at it is this: even if they don't accept me, everything I've done so far as been beneficial to me, particularly the fitness.

Of course I'm not depending on the CF for a full-time job, I already have that and so I'm certainly not qualified to comment on people who are going to make the military their career. I have nothing but absolute respect for those individuals.

Hopefully you will get positive news soon and you won't have to wear those ugly brown boots of the RCMP (joke) :D

Just to clarify a few points then I will drop it because it's sidetracking topic:

Commissionaires aren't military rank.. commissionaire corps are hired by military bases often as security and to watch over buildings etc. so that's why a cmre. or comm. abbreviation isn't in the general list as we aren't a military body.

The RCMP boots I like but would prefer the black (although it has cowboy appeal to me)

Anyhow my story has been told and then some so I would like to open the floor to other people with their stories

When I was out on this last Ex, a young troop asked me what I was doin' there. Now, I knew he meant was, 'what are you doing on this particular Approach To Contact?' The question is even more relevant when you consider that I really served no purpose at that time, and was only there to carry a radio that nobody actually needed. I gave him some flippant, bullshit answer, but it got me thinking.

Why was I there? Why am I still here? Why keep doing this to myself and my wife? Came up with a simple answer, that requires some space to answer. It comes across as corny in places, but it's what I believe. Here it is:

I believe in Good and Evil. These are not vague concepts to me, but tangible realties. I believe that there is a cosmic battle being waged between these two forces. I am a warrior in this fight. I fight for Justice and Liberty. I fight for Peace, and I don't care what an oxymoron that is. I am willing to fight, kill, and die for my country and family. To me, that is the essence of Good. To care more for the welfare of others than for yourself.

I am a Canadian paratrooper. I am ruthless in battle, implacable to my foes, and compassionate to those innocents trapped in the crossfire. In the attack, I am an irresistible force. In the defence, an immovable object.
I can never be defeated.
I can only be slain.

I am a paratrooper.
That is not what I do.
That is what I am.

....fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering; suffering leads to the Dark Side.  ;D

What's Evil?

My story, I'll keep it short and simply I'm not hear to write a novel. Always had an interest and fascination in the army, have a huge collection of books and movies on the military. Pretty well every day I was a kid I was outside playing army with my BB gun fighting the germans, or some enemy. Decided I wanted to make a difference in society during Junior High so started to look more into politics and got involved with the Canadian Alliance, then during High School it was policework and got involved with police cadets. Finally at the end of high school I'm back to the military and going reg force for the infantry. Got all of my stuff together, and I can't wait till I can go to BMQ. My dream is to be told that I'm officially going to BMQ at the beginning of July, a pipe dream perhaps. Still, can't wait, and am looking forward to it.

Back