• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Which Magazines do you like? Why?

AFireinside13

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know there is a "what are you reading" thread, but it's all novels. Novels are great and all, but sometimes I need a break, I need to read something that has a very low grade level reading requirement, and something that has "new" information every month.
So, Magazines; what do you read? why? what draws you in to your particular magazine?

My favs range from one end of the spectrum to the other; I friggin love video games, and will play them until the day I die. Therefore, I read PC GAMER, I know, I know, nerdy, but i can't help what I like.  Also, I enjoy Mens Health and Mens Fitness. Good food dishes to try out, simple exercises, and just a good little " I didn't know that" magazine.
I really hope this thread doesn't bomb, What are you reading?

I like Readers Digest, because it takes all the other magazines cuts out all the crap and puts the good stuff into one pockets sized bathroom read.

Future Unknown said:
I like Readers Digest, because it takes all the other magazines cuts out all the crap and puts the good stuff into one pockets sized bathroom read.
haha, digest this!  :blotto:

Foreign Affairs
National Interest
Economist
Atlantic Monthly

Great cross section of important thoughts and relavant thinking.

AFireinside13 said:
haha, digest this!  :blotto:

AFireInside, if you're going to ask people to post their prefernces in a thread, it would be polite not to mock their choices.

Michael O'Leary said:
AFireInside, if you're going to ask people to post their prefernces in a thread, it would be polite not to mock their choices.
No NO NO, I wasn't mocking, not at all, it was just an immature joke, he was talking about how it makes a good bathroom read. hence the digest part.....
I didn't mean for it to be taken in bad way.... Sorry  :'(

Like Devil39, I read Foreign Affairs and the Economist for the scoop.  As well, the Marine Corps Gazette is an excellent monthly magazine that keeps me up with the nitty-gritty.

I'm definitely a Car&Driver, and Road&Track kind of guy. I'll definitely give PC Gamer or Maxim a read if it is in my possession too.  :p

Readers Digest
National Geographic
Canadian Geographic
US Weekly
Cosmopolitan

Mens Health - Sensible exercise and nutrition advice

Maxim and Stuff - Well because I am a man, and I my friend like to oogle and read stupid, funny and cool stuff.

Popular Mechanics - I'm always f*cking around with stuff, I like to read up on fast everything.

Sports Illustrated - I like pictures, dammit

-SBC Skateboarding---good mag
-Maxim---good mag
-Popular Mechanics---just gota love it

Love Esprit de Corps (just kidding guys    ;))

I like the U.K Spectator, The New Republic, The New Yorker, and when I'm in the mood for good schmaltz - Esquire. For foreign affairs I'll grab the Guardian Weekly (believe it or not) and the Economist.

Cheers, mdh

Maclean's

Todays Parent (cause my wife makes me)

Men's Health

Maxim

Canadian Geographic

Cosmo (so I can try to figure out what the heck she is thinking, making me read Today's Parent) ;)

Hunting Illustrated
Eastman's Bowhunting Journal
Bowhunter Magazine
Peterson's Bowhunting
Bowhunting
Successful Hunter
Arizona Highways
Predator Xtreme
Western Hunter

Now and then  - Outdoor Life or Field & Stream

Plane and Pilot - Airplanes
Private Pilot - Airplanes
Flying - Airplanes
Aviation News and Trader - Airplanes
Canadian Aviator - Airplanes
Guns and Ammo - Guns and Ammo
Soldier of Fortune - Army type stuff
Maxim - Girls and Giggles

That about covers it

Planes

Cosmo and whatever bits of fluff my nextdoor neighbor brings out.  To me magazines are all about sitting out in the sun and laughing at the silliness of it all.  ;D

Red Book and Cosmo.
I usually only read them when I am soaking in the jacuzzi needing some time away from the kids and hubby.

Back