• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your Body Weight

How much do you weigh?

• 160 lbs or less

Votes: 64 28.7%
  • 161 - 170 lbs

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • 171 - 180 lbs

Votes: 27 12.1%
  • 181 - 190 lbs

Votes: 29 13.0%
  • 191 lbs or More

Votes: 80 35.9%

• Total voters

Big T

Inactive
Reaction score
Trying to determine the most common (average) weight in the Canadian Army.  Thanks Guys/Gals!

Why Not? This is a forum, this is a poll

To be honest, I would like to know because I, much like others, are preparing for entry (application process) and would like to know what the average weight of a soldier is that has completed their BMQ, SQ, etc... Once they/you are completed this, everyone should be broken down into the typical fitness level that meets expectations of the military/army and I would like to compare myself to the average weight... pure curiousity!

Not an answer, but what the heh. Just another waste of bandwidth, but go ahead. Problem is, it doesn't take into account height, bone structure. Mesomorph, ectomorph or endomorph. So on the face of it, it's a "well, I'm only xxxlbs compared to the rest" type of poll. If you have a serious reason for a study, let's have some parameters. Otherwise the whole thing is a sham and not worth participating in.

weight means nothing. I've said it time and time again. It doesn't matter if you weigh 150 lbs, or 450 lbs, if you can do the job. Weight is irrelevent. Body composition is everything.
I weigh 215 - 220 lbs. I can do my job (and I look good in my uniform. Damn good. In fact, I actually make the uniform look half-decent. 'Cause I am that good-looking.) Another dude, next door actually weighs around the same, but has a rucksack permanently attached to his frontal-midsection area. He can't do a BFT without a 6 week work-up, hasn't seen his feet since '92, and looks like dog-droppings in anything, especially a uniform.

It ain't how much you weigh. It's what you can do with that weight.

recceguy said:
Problem is, it doesn't take into account height, bone structure. Mesomorph, ectomorph or endomorph.

This is so true... I am one of the 171-180 respondants. Female type, 5'7", 26 waist, but I weigh 172!! But I can do lots and lots of push-ups!!  ;)

Although I agree with you both, I am going for an "average", which dosnt need to take into account any of the details! And i'm sure that the Average soldier, is in decent shape! (i would hope so any ways).

Oh, and if you still dont get it, then just do it for fun.... we can still have this can't we?

No, that's ok, we do really get it. If you need the poll for self aggrandization, don't let me put a damper on it. Go for it and have a ball. :salute:

recceguy said:
No, that's ok, we do really get it. If you need the poll for self aggrandization, don't let me put a damper on it. Go for it and have a ball. :salute:

:salute: ;D

Its different in every case there's a thing called BMI (Body Mass Index) the forces has people of all shapes and sizes and like recceguy said body structures so its really not fair to say you will gain an average from this. Your data would be skewed as they say in the world of data managment.

Measurement Bias occurs when the data-collection method consistently either under or overestimates, a characteristic of the population. While random errors tend to cancel out, a consistent measurment error will skew the results of a survey. Often, measurment bias results from a data-collection process that affects the variable it is measuring.

LOL
Works Cited : Mathematics of Data Managment, McGraw Hill Ryreson, 2002
My Math teacher would be so proud  :blotto:
:p

Most guys my height (6' 2") I find weigh more than me. I tip the scales at 160 lbs and I guess that is because I am an ectomorph. Like it was mentioned before, it doesn't matter what you weigh as long as you can perform your duties as a soldier.

Jimmy C said:
it doesn't matter what you weigh as long as you can perform your duties as a soldier.

I agree
I wonder if the majority of the people going into bmq lose weight...

Big T said:

I agree
I wonder if the majority of the people going into bmq lose weight...

It depends, some people may lose weight because they had more bodyfat to begin with where in my case I was pretty damned skinny so I ended up gaining muscle weight.

Jimmy C said:
It depends, some people may lose weight because they had more bodyfat to begin with where in my case I was pretty damned skinny so I ended up gaining muscle weight.

same...a 6'0 standing around 165, I'm just a tall ganglyf***. But I've had people who are no more than 5'5, 5'6 weigh 140 soaking wet wearing a ruck, and still be able to do a job....

Quote from Paracowboy,
weight means nothing. I've said it time and time again. It doesn't matter if you weigh 150 lbs, or 450 lbs, if you can do the job. Weight is irrelevent. Body composition is everything.
I weigh 215 - 220 lbs. I can do my job (and I look good in my uniform. darn good. In fact, I actually make the uniform look half-decent. 'Cause I am that good-looking

..and I'm 260 and if one checks out that picture over to the left,....I look even better than the aforementioned. 8)

Bruce Monkhouse said:
..and I'm 260 and if one checks out that picture over to the left,....I look even better than the aforementioned. 8)

Well Bruce, Para can't prove nothing without posting a pic. And I do agree with you...you look mighty fine!! How do you manage to keep that nice yellow complexion?   ;D  

According to the BMI I was dangerously obese.  275 at 5'10".  Was sent to the MO, and found to have 9% body fat, just aonther angry young man in the gym everyday.  Just big in my frame, don't let BMI be the only answer.

Ubique

Regan

Oh Well I'm An Ectomorph =D 120 lbs lol but wanna do it all... am i ambitious? probably; but i want to serve!  :salute:

Back