• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Islamic Terrorism in the West ( Mega thread)

Trudeau will probably pay for his flight back to Canada, because it's 2016.

Glad his scumbag kid got whacked.  Hopefully this dickhead will join him.

leroi said:
A followup on Hassan Diab who, it appears, has been fired from Carleton University for his connection to terrorism:

Carleton Professors Call for Reinstatement of Colleague Accused of Bombing Paris Synagogue

The Ottawa Citizen (Reproduced in Accordance with the Fair Dealing Provision of the Copyright Act.)
August 1, 2009
Joanne Laucius

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/life/Carleton+professors+call+reinstatement+colleague+accused+bombing+Paris+synagogue/1850749/story.html

Sociology and anthropology professors are demanding that Carleton University reinstate accused terrorist and fellow lecturer Hassan Diab. “The senior administration has a chance to do the right thing. It’s never too late,” said Peter Gose, chairman of the department at the university.

The Lebanese-born Diab, who is now a Canadian citizen, is accused in France of killing four people and injuring dozens more in the 1980 bombing of a Paris synagogue. He faces an extradition hearing in January and is under virtual house arrest, but may leave to work. Diab was teaching a summer course this week when he learned he was terminated.

Gose said university president Roseann Runte had asked for a meeting with the department on Thursday afternoon, two days after Diab was fired. Of the 42 academics permanently employed in the department, 22 showed up for the meeting, including Diab’s common-law wife, Rania Tfaily. But Runte did not appear.

The professors then drafted the resolution, which said the university ignored its own procedures by terminating Diab, unanimously called for his reinstatement and supported Gose and John Osborne, the dean of the department of arts and social science, for assigning teaching duties to Diab.

“We have to say that our relationship is in bad shape,” said Gose. “The department is solidly behind the idea that he should not have been dismissed.” Gose said he also takes issue with the way the course Diab was teaching was assigned to another faculty member without consultation. “That’s not the way it’s supposed to be done. It’s supposed to be done by the department. It’s an area of the university we manage,” said Gose.

Diab must wear an electronic monitoring bracelet, report regularly to the RCMP and can’t own a cellphone. Under his bail conditions, Diab must live with Tfaily in her Ottawa home. He may leave for work and legal and medical appointments, but only if accompanied by Tfaily or one of the four other people who put up $250,000 in combined bail, including Gose. “The judge said he was not an immediate threat to anyone,” said Gose ...
The very latest:  back in France, and out of jail under house arrest ...
In a surprise move, a French judge has ordered that Ottawa academic Hassan Diab be released from jail while an investigation into his alleged involvement in a 1980 Paris terrorist attack continues.

But prosecutors, apparently intent on seeing Diab back behind bars, have filed an appeal that is due to be heard early next week.

The Lebanese-born Canadian was released late Saturday and has communicated numerous times via Skype with his wife Rania Tfaily and their two young children – Jena, 3, and 16-month-old son Jad.

After what amounted to house arrest in Ottawa and incarceration for the past 18 months in Paris, Tfaily says her husband has been feeling disoriented ...
Niiiiiiiiiiiice -- needless to say, Jewish groups are underwhelmed ...

Couldnt find a thread about Egypt Air.Aviation sources are saying there was smoke in the aircraft in the toilet and nearby avionics bay.

http://avherald.com/h?article=4987fb09&opt=0

Data available

On May 20th 2016 The Aviation Herald received information from three independent channels, that ACARS (Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System) messages with following content were received from the aircraft:

00:26Z 3044 ANTI ICE R WINDOW
00:26Z 561200 R SLIDING WINDOW SENSOR
00:26Z 2600 SMOKE LAVATORY SMOKE
00:27Z 2600 AVIONICS SMOKE
00:28Z 561100 R FIXED WINDOW SENSOR
00:29Z 2200 AUTO FLT FCU 2 FAULT
00:29Z 2700 F/CTL SEC 3 FAULT
no further ACARS messages were received

The family claims they haven't heard from the notorious older brother for years... Or so they say.

Yahoo Sports

Brussels suicide bomber's brother headed to Rio Olympics
Jay Busbee By Jay Busbee
19 hours ago

A Belgian man whose older brother was one of the Brussels suicide bombers is headed to Rio as a taekwondo competitor.

Mourad Laachraoui, the younger brother of bomber Najim Laachraoui, won gold in the European Taekwondo Championships. He will compete in Rio representing Belgium.

Mourad, along with other members of his family, said they had not heard from Najim for several years prior to the suicide bombing at Zaventem Aiport on March 22. A second bomb went off at the Maelbeek Rail Station; a total of 32 people were killed in the attacks. Najim Laachraoui was also connected to the Paris terrorist attacks from last year.

(...SNIPPED)

Posting this video, because it seems an appropriate place.

Discussion includes extremists and how we are supposed to deal with them. It is also an explanation on why it is permitted and encouraged to fight daesh.

There are Muslims who are viewing this thread and this may be good for them too.

https://youtu.be/ozxC1TbGZQ0

Abdullah

p.s it was forwarded to me and I felt like it could be educational here showing we should be fighting against daesh as a unified front.

This was described on CNN as the worst shooting in US history with more people killed than in the Virginia Tech campus shootings a few years ago.

Source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/shooting-florida-nightclub-people-injured-police-082136181.html

Fifty dead at Florida gay club in America's worst mass shooting
    By: Agence France-Presse
    June 12, 2016 6:52 PM

ORLANDO, Florida - (UPDATE3, 11:33 p.m.) Fifty people died and another 53 were injured early Sunday when a heavily-armed gunman opened fire and seized hostages at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, police said, in the worst mass shooting in US history.

Terrified survivors -- who moments before were laughing and dancing with friends -- described how the gunman named by media as a US citizen of Afghan descent raked the club with bullets, prompting a police SWAT team to storm the venue.

"We have cleared the building, and it is with great sadness that I share we have not 20, but 50 casualties in addition to the shooter," Mayor Buddy Dyer told a mid-morning news briefing in Orlando, more than doubling the previously given death toll.

"There are another 53 that are hospitalized."

(...SNIPPED)

Just because the guy is of Afghan descent, doesn't mean he's an Islamic terrorist. Lets wait until the investigation comes out with a motive. I'm all for calling a spade a spade if the evidence supports it, but for all we know the guy could be a crackpot who hates gay people with no religious undertones.

Photos of the perp at link below.  FBI investigating possible connections to Islamic Extremism, had been on Law Enforcement radar for some time.  I smell smoke...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3637414/Everyone-running-Gunman-bursts-gay-nightclub-Florida-shoots-20-people-taking-hostages.html

PuckChaser said:
Just because the guy is of Afghan descent, doesn't mean he's an Islamic terrorist. Lets wait until the investigation comes out with a motive. I'm all for calling a spade a spade if the evidence supports it, but for all we know the guy could be a crackpot who hates gay people with no religious undertones.
EARLY REPORT CAVEATS apply, of course, but if the bits in yellow prove to be correct (notwithstanding the bit in orange), and we apply the rubric of other attacks (mental illness or not, if there's a religious component - declarations of allegiance and/or extremist Muslim material linked to suspect), it's more terrorist than homophobic killer (although neither category is mutually exclusive).

It's brilliant in its simplicity and effectiveness. Can't crack/infiltrate a cell of one person and in America it's crap simple to get a gun capable of inflicting mass casualties.

No links to or from the mother organization but a propoganda coup when it happens.

I honestly don't know how a western nations fights back against this. France has thousands of troops pratorling the streets but I don't know if that's the answer. If someone like this notices armed troops they probably just go for a softer target.

Shitty times.

Altair said:
I honestly don't know how a western nations fights back against this. 

Or how to prepare? Toronto is a larger city than Orlando. The worst mass shooting in our history killed two people and injured 22 others, and was enough for the City to declare a State of Emergency.

Orlando's emergency services must have been overwhelmed. I've seen, "Images of wounded being carried by civilians & loaded into pickup trucks."

mariomike said:
Or how to prepare? Toronto is a larger city than Orlando. The worst mass shooting in our history killed two people and injured 22 others and was enough for the City to declare a State of Emergency.

Orlando's emergency services must have been overwhelmed. I've seen, "Images of wounded being carried by civilians & loaded into pickup trucks."
If someone went into a Montreal,  Toronto,  Vancouver nightclub with an automatic weapon in close quarters with hundreds of people, how much are  preparations going to help those inside?

With the bataclan and this Orlando attack, it's looking like that within minutes it's going to be a mass causality event.

In Canada we have been "lucky" that our attackers have been limited to automobiles,  a model 94 and a knife.

Altair said:
in America it's crap simple to get a gun capable of inflicting mass casualties.

Its not a gun problem. He had an alleged suicide vest as well. One of the worst terrorist attacks in US history was a Ryder truck full of ANFO. Fertilizer and diesel fuel. Crazy people who want to kill people will find a way to do it, regardless of how many laws are in the way. Criminals don't worry about breaking laws...

Wholeheartedly concur with the lone actor comment. Extremely difficult to get, especially in the post-Snowden era where everyone is scared of the NSA listening to them complain about who's hotter, Kim Kardashian or Taylor Swift, instead of whether or not they can do their jobs.

Ultimately, the only way to stop ISIL inspired attacks is to stop ISIL. The only way we're doing that is boots on the ground and hunting them, whether its a lot of guys in black pyjamas and NVGs, or full battlegroups rolling through terrorist ground. Mali, Libya, Syria, Iraq all need to be cleared out.

Caught the second post about preparation while I was typing above: One or 2 guys with CCW who were properly trained and licensed could have mitigated some of the casualties. At what point do we stop thinking safe zones for guns work, and move to a proactive stance with CCW? Terrorists will always target the sheep, soft targets when the sheepdogs aren't around. If they don't know who's a sheepdog in the flock, they're rolling the dice.

PuckChaser said:
Its not a gun problem. He had an alleged suicide vest as well. One of the worst terrorist attacks in US history was a Ryder truck full of ANFO. Fertilizer and diesel fuel. Crazy people who want to kill people will find a way to do it, regardless of how many laws are in the way. Criminals don't worry about breaking laws...

Wholeheartedly concur with the lone actor comment. Extremely difficult to get, especially in the post-Snowden era where everyone is scared of the NSA listening to them complain about who's hotter, Kim Kardashian or Taylor Swift, instead of whether or not they can do their jobs.

Ultimately, the only way to stop ISIL inspired attacks is to stop ISIL. The only way we're doing that is boots on the ground and hunting them, whether its a lot of guys in black pyjamas and NVGs, or full battlegroups rolling through terrorist ground. Mali, Libya, Syria, Iraq all need to be cleared out.

Caught the second post about preparation while I was typing above: One or 2 guys with CCW who were properly trained and licensed could have mitigated some of the casualties. At what point do we stop thinking safe zones for guns work, and move to a proactive stance with CCW? Terrorists will always target the sheep, soft targets when the sheepdogs aren't around. If they don't know who's a sheepdog in the flock, they're rolling the dice.
This guy was a security guard, clearly  the sheepdog can turn.

And how many of these people need to around to be effective? Every mall, every club, every restaurant, every bus?

I'm not saying you're wrong. I saying it's a very difficult situation with no simple answer

Absolutely, and Florida does have CCW permits available for its residents (and non-residents as well). The delicate balance is keeping it from being a police state, but also having security in the forefront of people's minds and visible to the regular public.

Altair said:
This guy was a security guard, clearly  the sheepdog can turn.

And how many of these people need to around to be effective? Every mall, every club, every restaurant, every bus?

I'm not saying you're wrong. I saying it's a very difficult situation with no simple answer

I am going to take issue with one thing. The comment about the sheep dog turning, in my opinion it implies these fools are less intelligent then they are.

If a person was going to conduct a premeditated mass murder, it would make sense to obtain all training possible. I suspect this fool was radicalized for a fairly long time period.

He could have used his training to understand how the security industry works in order to be the most effective.

I just can't think he snapped one day and decided to shoot up a club and was so effective, he has been on the radar for a while, they just had nothing to hold him on. So I think he was prepping himself.

Now if he was really a "sheep dog" person, then I would think he would have been more critical of extremists ideologies.

I am not sure if I'm making sense, but I hope you get it.

May the victims have peace and may the perpetrator rest in hell.

Abdullah

Man arrested in California was planning attack on gay pride parade, police say
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2016/06/12/man-arrested-in-california-was-planning-attack-on-gay-pride-parade-police-say.html
The arrest, in which police found three assault rifles and chemical explosives, came just hours after the mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando.

The LA Pride event continued as usual, albeit with increased security.

Toronto police to boost Pride security in wake of Florida shooting
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/police-pride-toronto-shooting-1.3631707
Police Chief Mark Saunders tweeted Sunday that local officers are "actively reassessing" security plans for the city's month-long Pride events, a sentiment echoed by Pride Toronto who issued a statement saying it would "continue to work with our full security team" throughout the festival.

Pride organizers and police plan to meet Monday morning to review security plans for the rest of the month's celebrations. The chief has also committed to posting more officers near the Village and areas where events will be happening, Pride's executive director Mathieu Chantelois said.

"Main events of Pride Week include the Dyke March and the Pride parade. Although a definitive count of attendees cannot be determined, estimates in recent years have ranged from 500,000 to over one million for the entire week, and about 100,000 for the parade itself. The festival is often touted as being one of the largest cultural festivals in North America and the 22 city blocks that make up the festival site is closed to vehicular traffic."

Sadly the usual media and government suspects have gone down the same old "gun control" track, rather than looking at the man and the motivations that led him to commit this act.

Banning guns will hardly stop the damage these people can do. Some of Canada's worst mass murders were carried out with explosives (Air India, 329 people) or fire (Gargantua nightclub in 1975, 13 dead) rather than firearms. We need to say openly what is happening, who is responsible and take effective action against the people who call for this sort of murderous activity against the innocent.

Expanding on this due to chatting with a friend and we covered the issue for whether he really was an dash operative or not.

Link first;
http://m.hindustantimes.com/world/orlando-shooter-named-as-omar-mateen-us-citizen-of-afghan-descent-report/story-7Wp9eLVwNliuGoBYv0pP3I.html

He put forward that his father's narrative was that his son was not influenced by extremist ideologies, but by hatred of homosexuals.

So I am curious how sound of an argument could be made that this guy was mentally unstable and hated homosexuals, then after deciding to shoot up the club he decided to call into 911 because he no longer cared.

He obviously knew he was not going to get out of it alive and potentially just wanted to put another spin on it. It is a mental health issue, because no sane person thinks shooting up clubs solves issues, but what the secondary issue is is something else, was it perceived oppression, hatred of gays or radicalization etc

Abdullah

Back