• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Also crackingdown on QAnon content and right-wing boosters of conspiracy theories:

The Parler app has been banned from the Apple and Google Play stores. I wonder why?

Edit: I was mistaken, it seems that Apple has given them a 24 hour period to clean up their act before banning.

5kuhulbck5a61.jpg
parler2.jpg

parler1.jpg

Lots more like the above if you're brave enough to go wade through that cesspool. At least they've simplified things for the FBI by congregating around a central hub.

Last edited:
The Parler app has been banned from the Apple and Google Play stores. I wonder why?

5kuhulbck5a61.jpg
View attachment 64323

View attachment 64322

Lots more like the above if you're brave enough to go wade through that cesspool. At least they've simplified things for the FBI by congregating around a central hub.

Parler is hosted by Amazon Web Service. We taking bets on how long it stays hosted?

They're going to struggle to find effective cloud hosting that doesn't depend on one of the big tech companies.

What do you think Trump's agenda was? To stop the transfer of power? That seems like an unrealistic expectation, even for Trump. No?
Actually I believe Trump truly believes it would work.
It has came out when the elected lawmakers were sheltering from the riot Trump was trying to phone some Republican Senators to get them to attempt the overturning of some votes. In my opinion it was another example of Trump's use of bullying to get his way.

Edit: I was mistaken, it seems that Apple has given them a 24 hour period to clean up their act before banning.

5kuhulbck5a61.jpg
View attachment 64323

View attachment 64322

You know, funny enough that looks just like the Students talking to one another in Les Misérables. And I mean the books, not the bowdlerized/washed down version you see on TV (or even more washed down musical).

And we know how that need for them.

Parler is hosted by Amazon Web Service. We taking bets on how long it stays hosted?

They're going to struggle to find effective cloud hosting that doesn't depend on one of the big tech companies.
I read somewhere that Parler has the backing of some pretty wealthy right-wing folks (no, not the Trump family). Sadly, I'm pretty confident it'll stay on some obscure hosting service once kicked out of AWS, etc.

From an Int gathering perspective though, what a goldmine for the FBI!

I love how people are surprised at the fact they are getting violent and disenfranchised yet are constantly denying them the same rights as others. The more you remove these people from being able to speak, the more isolated and erratic you are going to make these people.

They feel rejected and betrayed by the system already. You add more and more isolation to it you literally are removing any vested interest in maintaining the system. At that point they don't care if they reset it or die trying as the system DOESN'T represent them.

I am not sure what the solution is, but driving them underground and confirming their beliefs that they are being discriminated against sure doesn't help in de-radicalizing them.

I love how people are surprised at the fact they are getting violent and disenfranchised yet are constantly denying them the same rights as others. The more you remove these people from being able to speak, the more isolated and erratic you are going to make these people.

They feel rejected and betrayed by the system already. You add more and more isolation to it you literally are removing any vested interest in maintaining the system. At that point they don't care if they reset it or die trying as the system DOESN'T represent them.

I am not sure what the solution is, but driving them underground and confirming their beliefs that they are being discriminated against sure doesn't help in de-radicalizing them.
On the other hand, allowing them to continue legitimizes them, so they see that these methods are working and are incentivized to continue doing so (or worse).

I doubt this ends with high-fives all around as the extremists are driven into silence. I predict more truck bombs at corporate buildings.

Quite apart from my distaste for collective punishment, having the nuts out in the open makes it easier to count them.

On the other hand, allowing them to continue legitimizes them, so they see that these methods are working and are incentivized to continue doing so (or worse).
You are legitimizing more extreme options by silencing them as your proving the political system refuses to even hear them out (or even allow them to use their right to freedom of speech).

Much like how the Tsar tried to silence all pro-democracy supporters pre-Russian Revolution, all that it does is make them violent as they know trying participate without violence isn't a option.

I'm not going to argue legal procedure, of which you sound like a practitioner. I can only assume that what I see Trump’s lawyers say, is true. I'm pretty sure they can't lie in public to the public, as opposed to faceless, unknowns on the internet giving their opinions as fact. I simply repeated what I've heard them say in press conferences. Far from being sub par, as some state, Giuliani smacked down the Mafia in NY and Powell is no slouch either. Both have argued in front of the Supreme Court. No place for sub par counselors. Anyway, thanks for your insight and I'll look into this more.

Given the time line they were working under, I believe having things tossed by the lower courts to move it up to the SC, was part of the plan. I don't know.

Broken election laws by various states. Some of those are still being litigated I believe. Also, some state senates are going to be dealing with their governors and attorney generals.
The Michigan senate has already removed people, I believe, but I can recall who right now and too lazy to go looking. Texas believed enough of what they saw from thier own checking to decide that they had to go after all the swing states and lay their case to the SC. Anyway, that'll all come out in the wash. However, I have to think that maybe all those legal beagles in Texas wouldn't do this on what Trump was saying. If they said there was irregularities, that beats internet chatter.

Thanks for your post, there are points to consider.
I pulled this over here as result of the admonition that the discussion was drifting from the thread topic (events of Jan 6th).

I am not a practitioner - just a retired cop.

People can and do lie to the public all the time. The cynic would say that you can tell when a lawyer or politician is lying because their lips are moving (with apologies to both). Any of us can yell that the sky is red. So long as I don't knowingly defame or falsely accuse, I am free to express my opinion. The difference between lying and a false allegation in legal proceedings is largely context. Unless I want express a falsehood to the court, I can present information and circumstances as I believe them to be and propose conclusions and connections I believe are valid and reasonable. The court gets to agree with me or not.

You are free to assume what Trump's lawyers are saying is true. Keep in mind that they are paid and bound to represent the interests of their client. How you establish that foundation is up to you, but we have to remember that our information come from the media, however good or bad a particular source is, and elsewhere on the Internet. It is far from unfiltered and first-hand. Observers, pundits and partisan players on both sides may come to conclusions, connect dots or make assumptions but, at the end of the day, they don't really matter. The courts, who heard the evidence and (hopefully) have the legal skills to sift them, have the conclusion that matters. It will obviously not be favourable to one side. If they are on the losing side, those who profess to champion the rule of law have a decision to make.

Looks like some QANON types are giving up and some may have seen the truth of everything.

Rioters Set Fire to Federal Courthouse in Portland One Day after Fencing Removed​

Link

Protesters set fire outside Portland courthouse in clash with feds​

Link

Federal court house set on fire in Portland by Antifa protestors. CNN appears too busy to cover it, wonder why.

Long after the lurid details of criminal trials begin to fade from memory, what I find of interest are the lawsuits.

Especially when the taxpayers are forced to pick up the tab.

Fortunately however, not this time.

In today's news,

Right-wing think-tank ordered to pay man hurt at rally $2.4M​

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A federal judge has ordered a right-wing think-tank led by white nationalist Richard Spencer to pay $2.4 million to an Ohio
man severely injured during a white supremacist and neo-Nazi rally two years ago in Virginia.

Burke sued multiple defendants and in recent years received court-ordered payments of $5,000 from former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke and $10,000 from the Traditionalist Worker Party.

1620312673179.png

Back