• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Posting within PLD Zone HELP

UNITS ARE TO DETERMINE WHICH OF THEIR MEMBERS ARE CURRENTLY RECEIVING PLD BASED ON THEIR ENROLMENT CIRCUMSTANCES. FOR MEMBERS WHO ARE CURRENTLY RECEIVING PLD BASED ON THEIR ENROLMENT LOCATION AND HAVE NOT BEEN POSTED TO THAT LOCATION, THEIR ENTITLEMENT IS TO CEASE
I don't see what is ambiguous about this. If you are receiving PLD because of your enrollment circumstances, you should not be.
If you are currently receiving PLD based on having been enrolled in a particular location AND you HAVE NOT BEEN POSTED to that location, then you don't get PLD.
If you are currently receiving PLD based on having been enrolled in a particular location AND you HAVE BEEN POSTED to that location, then you keep getting PLD.
If you have never had a posting message, you have never been posted.

fake lease Then CHARGE THEM. lol
How do you prove it is fake? It could be a legitimate lease. Son pays X to parents. Parents give X to son as a gift each month. That would be called exploiting a loophole, which is unethical but not illegal.

How do you prove it is fake? It could be a legitimate lease. Son pays X to parents. Parents give X to son as a gift each month. That would be called exploiting a loophole, which is unethical but not illegal.
I would argue that it's not a loophole but it's actually fraud, but good luck proving it.

That's right, it'd be impossible to prove, but everyone has known it's going on.

PLD needs a fix, I would just tie it to the consumer price index, updated every 2 years. Nice and simple and at least based on something that makes sense.

And ROTP pers would not eligible (or people in other similar programs). It's already a gold-mine of a program, they'll even give you a full-cost move to where ever you choose as long as you've been accepted to the school. If you choose downtown Toronto because you really really really wanna go to U of T, that's fine, but you're not getting PLD. You're already getting a full-cost move, a generous salary for someone who does nothing 8 months of the year, free tuition, free books, free supplies... if you can find a better deal than that somewhere else, fill your boots.

I'm pretty confident it wouldn't effect recruiting... how many officer candidates come in asking about how much PLD they are gonna make? They don't even realize it until they're already enrolled FFS.

Might be simpler to just write the lease for $1.

well it has happened. Have a JR that has been informed that he will not receive PLD anymore. Quite a kick as they bought a house recently and had a baby.

What has happened is mbr enrolled and was posted to St Jean for basic with no move. Mbr then posted to Borden for trade training again with no move as they were going directly into R&Q until end of course. At end of course mbr was posted back to the community they were living in prior to enrolment. That was 3 postings, posting msg was received but as he was posted back his PLD was ceased. Still waiting on the possible recovery once that review is done.

Back