• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All Things CAF and Covid/ Covid Vaccine [merged]

Yes, that will be the member voluntarily giving up their information. Without this voluntary action they probably need to pass a law or request access for the information through a court so they don't violate hippa or its Canadian equivalent?

I find the whole situation fascinating.

My main concern is, are we going to look after those that made the choice to not get vaccinated? Also,going forward, what will this mean for people like me that are on the fence for getting a booster
Look after?? They will be put on leave without pay and eventually released.

Look after?? They will be put on leave without pay and eventually released.
The least the organisation can do is pay to move them. Some members can sell their homes and utilise the equity to pay for rent and living expenses for a few years.

We have not seen what the finer details in the CAF direction are yet, so until it is released everyone is just guessing. It is too early to speculate about release procedures.

We have not seen what the finer details in the CAF direction are yet, so until it is released everyone is just guessing. It is too early to speculate about release procedures.
I agree. It must be coming in Tuesday because we are almost at the deadline as it is.

Should the CAF pay to move someone who is released after refusing to deploy overseas because it's too dangerous?
Moot point, we do anyway for anything less release item 1 and even then under CBI 208.845 we will still move their family and their HG&E. If I was to wager a guess if we release ppl for no vaccination then it will be 5D or 5F which are honourable releases and all entitlements and benefits as if mbr reach end of TOS are granted.

This seems like a good way to get around the 6 month release if one was so inclined.

Depending on the release item. A 5f can really bone you.
It is an honourable release it has almost zero bearing on one's future. It is no different than getting fired from any other job in the grand scheme of things

Moot point, we do anyway for anything less release item 1 and even then under CBI 208.845 we will still move their family and their HG&E. If I was to wager a guess if we release ppl for no vaccination then it will be 5D or 5F which are honourable releases and all entitlements and benefits as if mbr reach end of TOS are granted.
Damn you're right.

MJP said:
It is an honourable release it has almost zero bearing on one's future. It is no different than getting fired from any other job in the grand scheme of things

Technically yes. When you punch in 5f release in google the second hit you get off Reddit says "5f is normally issued when you became an administrative burden for the CAF while 2a is issued for wrongful behavior or innapropriate conduct."

Other similar negative associations with 5f releases, might be enough for an employer to look elsewhere (not sure release items would really come up though)

Reactions: MJP
I thought a 5f can be disadvantageous for future federal employment? Was I wrong on that?

Damn you're right.

Technically yes. When you punch in 5f release in google the second hit you get off Reddit says "5f is normally issued when you became an administrative burden for the CAF while 2a is issued for wrongful behavior or innapropriate conduct."

Other similar negative associations with 5f releases, might be enough for an employer to look elsewhere (not sure release items would really come up though)
Exactly it would only come up if the mbr themselves brought it up.

I thought a 5f can be disadvantageous for future federal employment? Was I wrong on that?
Yup, it is a common myth that it precludes further federal or federally regulated employment for 99.9% of the jobs out there. There may be jobs out there that have the ability to delve deeper into a mbr's past and ascertain their release item and what it means but it would be rare (and unlikely that the mbr would be pursuing those types of jobs anyway). I only include it because I am not sure myself the depth of background checks for certain jobs. I know for a fact that several people that have been 5F'd over the years work for federal depts including the RCMP or other sensitive posns within the LEO world

Maybe our health information is private and they have no right to it?
If privacy were the concern, would we not be better using medical files as or system of record for this? They are much better secured from a privacy perspective than uploading the information on MonitorMASS for every clown to read.

If privacy were the concern, would we not be better using medical files as or system of record for this? They are much better secured from a privacy perspective than uploading the information on MonitorMASS for every clown to read.
Agreed however I am sure the argument is that your declaration in MM will be voluntary whereas using med records is not…

So we pinky-swear in MM and they’re going to audit but not look at med files? Seems suspicious. If the units hadn’t booked all the appointments and didn’t already know the answers it seems like abuse might be tempting.

We sometimes get contacted by LEO orgs about people that have served that apply to be police officers. A 5F can be an issue sometimes. It isn’t so much the 5F. It’s the “why”. Never seen the issue with PS jobs though but I suspect that some that require more digging into your past could have this come up.

So we pinky-swear in MM and they’re going to audit but not look at med files? Seems suspicious. If the units hadn’t booked all the appointments and didn’t already know the answers it seems like abuse might be tempting.
I released early in the vaccination process but Health Svcs was pretty adamant about not releasing individual information to CoC so I would be surprised if they turned around and starting naming names. In my neck of the woods they even put out a base wide email saying that no one was entitled to an individual's medical information and units needed to stop asking.

I have no doubt the MM "attestation" is essentially same as the one I just did for the federal PS. Any federal employee can "attest" to being vaccinated but there is at this time no way to verify that attestation. The only real difference I guess is I won't DAG yellow/red *down the road and called to account for a potentially fraudulent attestation

* I am double vaxxed, just see the weakness in the system

When the PM announced the policy, he did say it was a honour system, with consequences for people lying…. How enforceable the system will be is questionable…. We have provincial vaccination passports, and soon-ish a federal one. I wouldn’t be surprised the government will require the use of that passport as the proof of vaccination…

Trust now, verify later. This isn’t rocket surgery. CAF is already set up to track medical data points. Relatively speaking this is child’s play.

Back