• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Moving On

Xylric

Inactive
Reaction score
I do want to thank everyone here for their advice and assistance as I sought to complete the recruitment process. Unfortunately it did not pan out, as I recieved a letter outlining the reason why I was found medically indamissible in January of 2019, nearly one year after I wrote the CFAT. As much as I would hope to resolve the identified issue and reapply, for the time being that is not a feasible course of action.

So, I'm engaging in something equally important - working within the vulnerable sector serving children with rather pronounced disabilities. And writing a very important series of essays explaining to the neurotypical population what the experience of living one's entire life with executive dysfunction and only having the cause identified in late adulthood. It's my hope that I can aid a significant number of people by helping them find a way to express the thoughts they have which their words cannot.

Thank you all.

I'll be around.

I do want to thank everyone here for their advice and assistance as I sought to complete the recruitment process. Unfortunately it did not pan out, as I recieved a letter outlining the reason why I was found medically indamissible in January of 2019, nearly one year after I wrote the CFAT. As much as I would hope to resolve the identified issue and reapply, for the time being that is not a feasible course of action.

So, I'm engaging in something equally important - working within the vulnerable sector serving children with rather pronounced disabilities. And writing a very important series of essays explaining to the neurotypical population what the experience of living one's entire life with executive dysfunction and only having the cause identified in late adulthood. It's my hope that I can aid a significant number of people by helping them find a way to express the thoughts they have which their words cannot.

Thank you all.

I'll be around.
Very sorry to hear your goal didn't pan out. Sometimes disappointments at the time seem like the end of the world, but then in retrospect was the best thing. I was to go into the forces 20 years ago. Not going in was probably the best thing that ever happened to me, I got to live and travel the world. Life takes turns, sometimes you question those turns. But if you can take advantage of those turns, you will be fine.. Your plan of helping the children with disabilities is a noble cause and a great way to serve society and your community. Be well...

Back