• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

Why the hell haven't I heard of this guy?
He has a resume that would look good on any possible Prime Minister candidate for any political party.
From what I can tell he has the temperament, principles, and views as well. Hell of a long shot but I've spent 15 bucks to less effect.

He won’t stand a chance, he’s good but the CPC base don’t want good.

It's refreshing watching, someone like PeePee, get through a sentence without Umms, uhhh, ahhhhs and understand the message.

He won’t stand a chance, he’s good but the CPC base don’t want good.
Huge underdog is a huge understatement. But the CPC base and the CPC membership (and the CPC caucus) are three different animals.

I have three thoughts on why he would go for it as such a huge longshot
-genuine leader that thinks he can do good for the country, and is willing to sacrifice to try to make it happen
-riding might be remote, but a lot of ties to GTA/SW ON money, could be surprising amount of membership and donor support
-visibility for future run (either CPC or new Red Tory/PC wing if the party tears itself apart)

But agreed, between being pro-choice and anti-pseudo legal/ pseudo scientific rage mongering he's fighting uphill with a lot of points lost right up front.

Huge underdog is a huge understatement. But the CPC base and the CPC membership (and the CPC caucus) are three different animals.

I have three thoughts on why he would go for it as such a huge longshot
-genuine leader that thinks he can do good for the country, and is willing to sacrifice to try to make it happen
-riding might be remote, but a lot of ties to GTA/SW ON money, could be surprising amount of membership and donor support
-visibility for future run (either CPC or new Red Tory/PC wing if the party tears itself apart)

But agreed, between being pro-choice and anti-pseudo legal/ pseudo scientific rage mongering he's fighting uphill with a lot of points lost right up front.

Might be he’s posturing himself for a few leadership replacement cycles in the future once the CPC sobers up, removes its head from its ass, shakes off the political hangover and begins taking itself seriously again.

Might be he’s posturing himself for a few leadership replacement cycles in the future once the CPC sobers up, removes its head from its ass, shakes off the political hangover and begins taking itself seriously again.
BINGO!!!!

All I know is from what I saw, the CPC isn’t looking very united nor do I think they will be after this.

All I know is from what I saw, the CPC isn’t looking very united nor do I think they will be after this.
Yeah that was a shitshow of a debate.

Worst than I anticipated. Maybe I'm the fool, tho.

I think the open callout of Brown's strategy is very interesting. Establishment doesn't like the idea of him upsetting the apple cart.
His new members could very well dilute the pool enough to prevent a 1st ballot PP win, and between the arrangement with Charest and PP's abortion stance / pro-life hardliner attrition it could get interesting down the line.

Jordan Peterson hosted Pierre Poilievre a few days ago on his YouTube channel. It was a great conversation. It was intelligent, measured, and calm. This guy will be a great PM.

No thanks. But that video is on my watch list.

I bought a 1 year membership to vote. Don't think PP is the guy.

None of these wastes of rations are worth me going to the polls next time. Every single one of them do not inspire confidence in their ability to lead a party or govern a G7 nation. :confused:

Back