• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Happy Canada

Why not the Moose? It's as plausible as flower class ships.
Previously, we've had the Beaver (RCAF), Bison, Lynx and Coyote. 🐔

Happy Canada Day all.

Why not the Moose? It's as plausible as flower class ships.
Previously, we've had the Beaver (RCAF), Bison, Lynx and Coyote. 🐔

Happy Canada Day all.
Kodiak (name for the LAV 3), Cougar with the 76mm, Leopard, Ram tank (going back in time)... the list goes on. I think all the Engineering vehicles have animal names as well.

We'll that decides it. The next new armoured vehicle to be introduced into the CAF official needs to be called "The Moose"
I would prefer Wolverine, as it chews up most predators well larger than it, and then pisses on its kill, to ensure no other predators will eat it.

A big thank you to everyone that allows me to enjoy this day without worry, with my family.

View attachment 71760

That's Mt Victoria (11,365 ft) in the background. The peak near the right edge of the photo is the true summit.

That bump you can see on the ridge right above the top of the flagstaff (with the dip to the right) is called 'The Sickle', and is on the normal route to the summit.

Over 20 years ago I turned around at that point in an attempt to summit that peak as avvie conditions were suicidal at that time. A few years ago I climbed the North Summit of Mt Victoria, which is off picture to the right, as a kind of consolation prize.

So thanks alot buddy... now that you've posted this picture I have to go back for a revenge mission ;)

How have we not had an AFV called the “Moose”? Utter bullshit.

The day we begin to take our defence policy seriously we need to name something that.

Kodiak (name for the LAV 3), Cougar with the 76mm, Leopard, Ram tank (going back in time)... the list goes on. I think all the Engineering vehicles have animal names as well.

(WW2) Grizzly, Fox, Lynx, Otter, Kangaroo, Skink* . . . (can understand how an Australian marsupial's name was used, but an Ontario lizard for an *AA tank?)

Back