• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Dress Regs 🤣

Stong arguement that might be due to a lack of acceptance in wider society.

We haven't even resolved the measure of how many people claim to want to be something they aren't because of other issues, or develop other issues because they want to be something else. If it turns out that the sudden spikes in numbers are due to other issues, obviously the other issues are the correct focal point. Tolerance/indifference people should reasonably expect; "pay attention to me" they should not.

Do you have any actual peer reviewed medical or psychological publications or statistics to support this summation ?

You, or someone else perhaps, have said it a few times in this thread and I have never heard of such a thing.
It's anecdotal but from my own experience that a larger percentage of people who dye their hair crazy colour are higher "maintenance". Some are awesome and great, but I always approach anyone with such hair with caution until I have determined where they sit in the spectrum.

Try "research tattoo piercing behaviour". Maybe also try something other than "G" as search engine so you're not getting whatever "G" thinks is relevant/acceptable.

Again, it's not my job to support someone else's position.

So far all anyone has provided is opinions, anecdotal points and go for search for yourself and don't use google.

Sounds to me like more scared of change folks grasping at straws to rail against what they don't like and understand.

Sounds to me like more scared of change folks grasping at straws to rail against what they don't like and understand.

Sounds like you're using not having it presented on a platter as an excuse for denial.

There are so many available links, and sociology/psychology are so fraught with poorly done studies, that there's not much point in one person trying to find "the study" that would satisfy anyone whose default position is skeptical. If you're curious, have a look. If not, don't bother. I suppose you could just arbitrarily pick a flake website from a search and use it as a proxy for disproof.

The new CANFORGEN states that female and transgendered members are allowed to be reimbursed for up to $180 a year for underwear. And I still have to hand in my old underwear for clothing stores to give me new ones.

What are we calling this PANTYFORGEN?

The new CANFORGEN states that female and transgendered members are allowed to be reimbursed for up to $180 a year for underwear. And I still have to hand in my old underwear for clothing stores to give me new ones.

Discrimination at the very least...

Given the current climate in the CAF, not going anywhere near that.

Do you menstruate? Do you have a uterus? A vagina? ovaries? Have you tried to put a pad in the current issue boxer shorts? No? Then its not for you. Move along.

Its the same thing as the sports bra allowance. Rather than make a shitty, one-size-fits-all, product for a select few that need it; they're fronting the cost for the members who need it for operational reasons. There are restrictions in design and style and this isn't a blank check for our female or trans members to go hit up VS for the hell of it.

As for you needing to return gitch to get new gitch, either your Clothing Stores staff are incompetent in reading the SAM (next to skin items are no return items. You should get your yearly entitlement no matter what) or I call BS.

Do you menstruate? Do you have a uterus? A vagina? ovaries? Have you tried to put a pad in the current issue boxer shorts? No? Then its not for you. Move along.

Its the same thing as the sports bra allowance. Rather than make a shitty, one-size-fits-all, product for a select few that need it; they're fronting the cost for the members who need it for operational reasons. There are restrictions in design and style and this isn't a blank check for our female or trans members to go hit up VS for the hell of it.

As for you needing to return gitch to get new gitch, either your Clothing Stores staff are incompetent in reading the SAM (next to skin items are no return items. You should get your yearly entitlement no matter what) or I call BS.
Careful on what you call BS. In Ottawa, I tried for about 5 years to get new gitch issued. Clothing stores stated that unless I was going on an operational tour, I wasn't entitled. After that, I opted to go to Walmart to get gitch, as it was less frustrating then debating MY yearly entitlement (and almost as cost effective, as I had to pay $10 bucks for parking, plus wait 2 hours, to discuss with the the (Non) supply tech)

There was a time you had to return undies to get new ones. The poster may not know we don't do that anymore. I also remember when you had to bring in the waist band. Lol ya we've done some stupid crap.

Sounds like you're using not having it presented on a platter as an excuse for denial.

There are so many available links, and sociology/psychology are so fraught with poorly done studies, that there's not much point in one person trying to find "the study" that would satisfy anyone whose default position is skeptical. If you're curious, have a look. If not, don't bother. I suppose you could just arbitrarily pick a flake website from a search and use it as a proxy for disproof.

Yes that must be it. I can't find support for your position, and you won't provide any, so it must be because I'm entitled.

You have a great day friend.

There was a time you had to return undies to get new ones. The poster may not know we don't do that anymore. I also remember when you had to bring in the waist band. Lol ya we've done some stupid crap.
So you're saying that if I was to walk into Toronto today (or realistically six weeks from now when I could actually get an appointment), they would give me new underwear without having to turn the old ones or listen to a bunch of other excuses why they couldn't give it to me?

So you're saying that if I was to walk into Toronto today (or realistically six weeks from now when I could actually get an appointment), they would give me new underwear without having to turn the old ones or listen to a bunch of other excuses why they couldn't give it to me?

You should be able too. It's a NOSI (Next Of Skin Item) they don't want your dirty used gitch back. The only reason I could see them not completing the exchange is there is no stock or there may be a once a year thing attached to gitch like TShirts.

Hang on I have a work computer at home I will check the SAM for you.

I'm only skimming the posts here because I really couldn't care less, but it's so nice to know I might have a MH problem because I have tattoos, piercings and have coloured my hair. :rolleyes:
Honestly, this thread has descended into the "I miss the back in the day where people conformed to our standards" camp and the "This isn't a big deal, let it go" camp.
Both are at an impasse and both are adamant they're right. Other than that synopsis, you're not going to have a good time on the other 36 pages of this thread.

Yup your combat undies are authorized for yearly issue or exchange. Unless you're an A Class reservist. Then it's a one for one exchange. Which is gross.

We should change that. Leave it with me. I don't want my JR tradespeople having to deal with used underwear, reservist poo stains or otherwise.

This also includes T-shirts and CAF Combat Sock System.

Honestly, this thread has descended into the "I miss the back in the day where people conformed to our standards" camp and the "This isn't a big deal, let it go" camp.
Both are at an impasse and both are adamant they're right. Other than that synopsis, you're not going to have a good time on the other 36 pages of this thread.
I think you nailed it once more. The right answer is somewhere in the middle.

Back