• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Will Politicians Learn to Stop Dividing? I Doubt it...

The government is wrong, morally, for speaking about its citizens in a way that gives permission for some groups to treat other groups poorly, branding entire movements of people as racists for disagreeing. It’s wrong. Unproductive in a long term sense and a poor use of their position.

It’s also wrong for us to reward politicians that behave that way- on all sides, that attack and create manipulative sound quips. Anyone that has had to solve what appears to be a simple problem in their life knows that things are always more complicated that it appears- so now scale that system up to federal governing. The quippy fast fix is junk, 100% of the time,

It’s also reprehensible to behave like this guy, there is no way off gassing like that provides any progress for anyone. Sure he’s frustrated. Lots of Canadians are, he’s also a sovereign citizen dickhead and needs to be called such- for behaving this way. NOT for his beliefs, have beliefs, share them. Be frustrated- be angry. But get a grip.

Anyone that gives permission or a pass for any of this nonsense from government or private citizen may need some self reflection, nothing constructive can be done in this MTV/TIKTOK fuckery we currently wallow in. Just as polarized as possible.

I do expect better from the government than the individual citizen however 🤷‍♀️

I didn't realize you had those morons up there too.
At least in Canada they aren't generally shooting LEO's to demonstrate their sovereignty...
Give it enough time. A bunch just tried to actually arrest some LEOs.

At least in Canada they aren't generally shooting LEO's to demonstrate their sovereignty...
Ya, we have our share.

If you search her by name, it gets quite entertaining.

I suspect the group now squatting in the Ottawa church (unless it's been resolved - I haven't seen much in the past week or so) are, if you strip away the facade, of similar persuasion.

I don’t see him doing anything illegal in there. Biggest thing I can really see is possibly a your trespassed off this property now. There was no threats, being angry isn’t a crime. I was expecting much more based off the discussion on here, I have seen politicians get more heated with each other than that.

I don’t feel much sympathy for her. Personally this government has attacked me and over 3 million Canadians simply due to ownership of our legally acquired property. The so called ‘threat of violence’ in that video is nothing in comparison to the actual violence the government will use against me if I attempt to utilize that property in a safe manner which was legal even as recently as 2 years ago.

They are continuing to attack and ostricize us on a regular basis, more BS laws are on their way, which again shall have violence as the means to backing them if we refuse to comply. And that is just firearms owners, there is plenty of other groups which the government has been treating terribly as well.

This government started the violence, it isn’t shocking that people are starting to respond in kind (and no I am not a advocate for violence against anyone). You get certain reactions to certain actions. Play dumb games, get dumb prizes.

Give it enough time. A bunch just tried to actually arrest some LEOs.
And, while not technically the same thing, a non-trivial number of Canadians supported a group that sought to use similar pseudo-legal bullshit to install themselves as the kings of Canada

They have been active for years here. They usually go by “Freemen-on-the-Land” here but it’s the same batshit belief system about strawman accounts, governments are now corporations, one can opt out of laws, etc. Many threats and assaults and lots of “paper terrorism” against government officials and others. As far as I know, one EPS constable in Edmonton was killed by a Freeman while executing a warrant in 2015.

They have been active for years here. They usually go by “Freemen-on-the-Land” here but it’s the same batshit belief system about strawman accounts, governments are now corporations, one can opt out of laws, etc. Many threats and assaults and lots of “paper terrorism” against government officials and others. As far as I know, one EPS constable in Edmonton was killed by a Freeman while executing a warrant in 2015.

Even the lawyers & law societies here have had eyes on for some time ...

Interesting article from the National Observer, a very left leaning site
For what it's worth, Media Bias / Fact Check rates The National Observer as
  • Overall, we rate the National Observer Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that favor the left and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.

Unlike one poster who left a pro-Trump National Review article as gospel :rolleyes:, notwithstanding
  • Overall, we rate the National Review Right Biased based on story selection that always favors the right and Mostly Factual in reporting due to a few misleading claims and occasional use of poor sources, and one failed fact check.

If you think that interaction was ok then you are part of the problem. Both sides of the political spectrum have condemned it.

Furniture is hardly a Freeland fan and he can see that.
I do not think anyone besides the guy yelling like a idiot thinks it's OK for his behaviour.
Is what he did criminal no. That's where the discussion has gone with people thinking he should be charged with assault. I disagree, that language and tone is seen across the country everyday and no assault charges are laid. Because no assault took place.

The PM is trying to spin this as violance against women and minorities, he has been verbally degraded the same across the country by those who are tired of lip service.

For what it's worth, Media Bias / Fact Check rates The National Observer as
  • Overall, we rate the National Observer Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that favor the left and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.

Unlike one poster who left a pro-Trump National Review article as gospel :rolleyes:, notwithstanding
  • Overall, we rate the National Review Right Biased based on story selection that always favors the right and Mostly Factual in reporting due to a few misleading claims and occasional use of poor sources, and one failed fact check.

I have the NO in my feed to hear from outside my regular bubble, but I don't take them seriously because they are always going on about how terrible everything is. That's from a couple of years of looking at their content. Same with the Tyee.

I do not think anyone besides the guy yelling like a idiot thinks it's OK for his behaviour.
Is what he did criminal no. That's where the discussion has gone with people thinking he should be charged with assault. I disagree, that language and tone is seen across the country everyday and no assault charges are laid. Because no assault took place.
I don’t think I said he SHOULD be charged. I simply pointed out by letter of the law, he could have been charged.

The PM is trying to spin this as violance against women and minorities, he has been verbally degraded the same across the country by those who are tired of lip service.
JT lives in a world where the peasants serve and have no value other than service. He feels (or acts at least) that he’s above everyone else. In less modern a time, would probably have been taken off to the guillotine by now.

Who here said he should be charged with assault? The conversation never went there. Only what could be considered assault.

This guy gave the PM the ammo he needed to keep that narrative going.

I suspect the group now squatting in the Ottawa church (unless it's been resolved - I haven't seen much in the past week or so) are, if you strip away the facade, of similar persuasion.
Still on the go; at the moment the eviction notice is going through the courts so not much to get in the news cycle. From a friend in the area, understand there are now some OPS officers posted there to prevent anything between the squatters and area residents that are protesting their continued presence.

They are calling it an embassy and using the same kind of general language as the Freemen and Sovereign citizen people, but that may just be cross pollination from a Venn diagram of social media craziness.

Proposing freedom through things like deposing a democratically elected government and a century and a half of laws, rules and regulations to replace it with a council ruling by dictat is the opposite of freedom to me. I find a lot of these groups use the rhetoric of freedom but seem to fundamentally propose something like a Triumverate or quasi-monarchy absolute rule when you scratch at it.

The TUPOC group seems more on the nuisance end with some generally nice people that are frustrated and angry with the current state of affairs (which is reasonable) getting caught up in an ideology they haven't really thought through. Those nut jobs they arrested in at the Alberta border protest and have charged with plans to kill police are in the same pool but right off the deep end.

Is what he did criminal no.

1) That's for the RCMP to determine.

The RCMP said Tuesday that if the threshold for a criminal charge is met, the RCMP or the police of jurisdiction may make an arrest and lay charges.
If the criminal threshold is not met, Duval said that the RCMP will examine "the threats and derogatory comments from an intelligence perspective."

The RCMP is committed to safeguarding Canadian dignitaries who fall under the RCMP’s purview, including members of Parliament and ministers of the Crown,

2) If the RCMP is forced to transfer ( more ) front-line officers to Ottawa to protect "members of Parliament and ministers of the Crown", it will mean increased reponse times in provinces, like Alberta, and increased taxes to hire replacement officers.

I'm not a police officer, so I don't know the Criminal Code. But, I wish I had a nickel for everytime I saw a woman and her kids crying their eyes out, and a man, sometimes in a "wife-beater" like the guy in Alberta, saying, "It's ok. I didn't actually hit her." ( This time.)

Back