• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Dress Regs šŸ¤£

And this is why I like the new dress instructions, as it largely bypasses the issue (a rather minor issue all things considered of course) of people adopting religions on order to wear their hair the way they want by simply allowing everything that any religious accommodation might be granted for for everyone.

No need to bother with validating sincerity of beliefs and deal with accommodations if it's just allowed outright.

We really need more people in the CAF who are willing to lie about religious beliefs in order to dress how they want.

Got my hair cut today. As per usual. Lots of folks were in line at the CANEX on base as well.

I suspect there will be a bang and fizzle situation here like BEARDFORGEN and WEEDFORGEN.

Got my hair cut today. As per usual. Lots of folks were in line at the CANEX on base as well.

I suspect there will be a bang and fizzle situation here like BEARDFORGEN and WEEDFORGEN.
I assume several units threatened an inspection for this afternoon to get one last rip out of the old instructions lest someone try to get a head start.

I assume several units threatened an inspection for this afternoon to get one last rip out of the old instructions lest someone try to get a head start.
Current standard is still the current standardā€¦

Haven't seen or heard a peep from any units conducting a "fuck you" parade for their troops this week.

I imagine most were warned off that any "shenanigans" would be dealt with much higher up the food chain, so maybe it's just people carrying on as per usual? šŸ¤”

Shhhh... don't give anyone bad ideas ;)

seth meyers shhhh GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I don't really care what they believe and they can practice however they want, my objection was the RCN creating a religious exemption for wearing a beard with SCBA for firefighting that is specifally against the higher order CAF policy (run by ADM(IE).)

They want to give someone a religious exemption for wearing a beard, fill their boots, they just can't ignore CAF safety regulations and issue orders that are counter to them. There are very good reasons, proven by practical field studies that demonstrate the requirement to be clean shaven with an SCBA, so if they want to do that, basically they are taking that person off duty watches and sticking them in a corner during emergencies.
Was that the issue? If so, then I 100% agree with you. Operational imperative > Safety > Personal Preference/Religious Requirements

Was that the issue? If so, then I 100% agree with you. Operational imperative > Safety > Personal Preference/Religious Requirements
Yep, and the RCN kicked out a NAVORD that allows a religious exemption for beards, so causing confusion.

Think it was an honest mistake, with the RCN folks not aware of the CAF requirement, but was 5 years ago and still hasn't been fixed, so it's hard to explain to the fleet that there is a safety issue preventing beards for the new dress regs when that NAVORD is on the street.

It's a clear case of a safety/operational restriction in the dress regs that COs can direct people to shave, but they aren't going to do it if they don't know about it, and they just ignore the tech side of things when there is clear direction from the RCN that says the opposite.

You guys should make September 6th an annual sort of CAF "Halloween" where we celebrate the release of HAIRFORGEN by dressing/wearing the most ridiculously but within regulations we can. Circle beard, temporary face tattoo, multiple earrings, multi-colured hair, 80s sunglasses, and men wearing skirt and pumps. Make it a thing and have fun with it!

Heck! That's not even new. My days, mid 70's to early 2000, I went to sea - the beard came off.

My wife, for some reason, liked when I went to sea. :unsure:
When the CCG switched to the 28 cycle Layday system, several guys who used to work 2 week on , 2 week off, found their wives quite miffed that they were still hanging around the house on the 3rd week.

When the CCG switched to the 28 cycle Layday system, several guys who used to work 2 week on , 2 week off, found their wives quite miffed that they were still hanging around the house on the 3rd week.

I had to look "Layday" up. That's an interesting schedule.

I'm pretty sure that Sept 6th is basically the CAF's Judgement Day (in the James Cameron type of way, not the Biblical way).

I'm pretty sure that Sept 6th is basically the CAF's Judgement Day (in the James Cameron type of way, not the Biblical way).
Honestly I don't think there will be much change. There may be a few that colour their hair on the evening of 5 Sep as a lark - there are always a few in every unit. After the initial shock things will settle down. I expect most will dress the same as pre 6 September.

Haven't seen or heard a peep from any units conducting a "fuck you" parade for their troops this week.

I imagine most were warned off that any "shenanigans" would be dealt with much higher up the food chain, so maybe it's just people carrying on as per usual? šŸ¤”

Iā€™m not really convinced yet that Snr GOFOs are really ā€œsorting outā€ Jnr GOFO/Col-Capt rank subs. Maybe it happensā€¦

Back