• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hockey Canada in the Government Crosshairs

Regardless of how big of crap pumps Hockey Canada may or may not be…in what way is it the business of the Prime Minister and Parliament to involve themselves in this?

Sure- cut off public funding, but surely there are more pressing issues for the Government?
Votes my dear boy and the appearance of doing something, while doing nothing.

Except the organization was purposely hiding criminal acts by paying victims for their silence using taxpayer money and money from parent registration fees. This is well beyond individual issues: This is a systemic problem that requires an organizational shift.
I thought it was just the registration fees and about 85% of that went to pay out players who had suffered abuse at the hands of coaches.

Am I wrong? Happy to be corrected.

I thought it was just the registration fees and about 85% of that went to pay out players who had suffered abuse at the hands of coaches.

Potatos/Potatos. It’s like saying, when you have a joint account with your wife where you both put all your money in, that your wife paid for 85% of the groceries.

Potatos/Potatos. It’s like saying, when you have a joint account with your wife where you both put all your money in, that your wife paid for 85% of the groceries.
Sure, good point.

I heard the Government tonight say that they have power to remove/replace the board.

Looking at Hockey Canada‘s Governance structure, I don’t see how or where they are a government of Canada entity, Crown Corporation or Special Operating Agency.

It would be about like the Government threatening to replace the board at SNC Lavalin, no?

Except the organization was purposely hiding criminal acts by paying victims for their silence using taxpayer money and money from parent registration fees. This is well beyond individual issues: This is a systemic problem that requires an organizational shift.
Yeah, I hate when people get paid off to protect their high status harassers/abusers, don't you?

Yeah, I hate when people get paid off to protect their high status harassers/abusers, don't you?

chicago fire GIF by NBC

True. It's waaay better when it comes from the perpetrators trust fund, or better yet, party funds.
I am pretty sure I didn’t say better. But on the greasy scale, way greasier using funds from unsuspecting people than using your own money.

True. It's waaay better when it comes from the perpetrators trust fund, or better yet, party funds.
What are you saying, man? Are there other, potential, high profile abusers still out there, uncovered by the media?

Is that possible in Canada in this day and age?

What are you saying, man? Are there other, potential, high profile abusers still out there, uncovered by the media?

Is that possible in Canada in this day and age?
That depends, do you guys have any black helicopters in the Brandon area at the moment?

A coach… not coaches IIRC.

A coach… not coaches IIRC.
There were 12 incidents of sexual misconduct and 9 incidents of sexual assault (that we know of) that were settled since 1989. It is coaches and players (with s) sometimes involving group rape. That’s not including those that were never reported. Far from an isolated incident.

What is “sexual misconduct” outside the CAF?

Yup and they got caught and serves them right. The BoD needs to resign and new blood needs to take over.

BTW how many Non Disclosure Agreements are floating around Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver?

How many NDAs are handed out by the NFL, NBA, MLB etc?

There were 12 incidents of sexual misconduct and 9 incidents of sexual assault (that we know of) that were settled since 1989. It is coaches and players (with s) sometimes involving group rape. That’s not including those that were never reported. Far from an isolated incident.
I have the solution. Trudeau should just tax hockey. Or create a hockey registry, either way it'll pretty much balance itself.