• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Dress Regs šŸ¤£

I'm assuming if some had a cocktail name tag, you also had your normal nametag; why would you need a sticky label on top of it?

Cocktail nametags are useful when you are mixing with other countries at some kind of social thing where people don't recognize your rank/uniform, but if I really want to know where someone works, I'm sure it will come up during the introductions. Otherwise they are just another bit of unecessary running around when you show up to a unit/new posting, and all of mine have had the unit badge pop off at one time or another, but have never been able to get a backup.
I'm retired now. These were civilian parties with many professionals who didn't know each other.

I'm retired now. These were civilian parties with many professionals who didn't know each other.
That makes sense, that's a reasonable time to wear a cocktail nametag.

Kicking around the office? Not so much.

I'm assuming if some had a cocktail name tag, you also had your normal nametag; why would you need a sticky label on top of it?

Cocktail nametags are useful when you are mixing with other countries at some kind of social thing where people don't recognize your rank/uniform, but if I really want to know where someone works, I'm sure it will come up during the introductions. Otherwise they are just another bit of unecessary running around when you show up to a unit/new posting, and all of mine have had the unit badge pop off at one time or another, but have never been able to get a backup.

Wearing two name tags makes me think of this:
il_570xN.3830416841_8k9t.jpg

Iā€™m constantly pulling up my pants because I have no Hips and the CF belt buckle always seems to be slipping. So I figured that since the dress regulations have been modernized I would see what would happen if I wore suspenders with my N3. Now if I wore the gawd awful sweater this wouldnā€™t be an issue at all, but since I would melt if I wore it the sweater was a no go.
I also did a search in the new regs and the word ā€œsuspendersā€ never came up.
So the last time I was in Ottawa I wore the suspenders (black) and the only comment I got was from the CRCN COS who with an arched eyebrow and a grin said ā€œYouā€™re pushing it Donā€.

So, suspenders it is!!!šŸ˜œ
Can you wear them with gloves?

Informal direction was going around in Halifax that basic name tags are out and that everyone is suppose to wear the cocktail name tags with their 3Bs.
Of course it is; if only people took the formal orders to shave when they are posted to ship and have to do firefighting as seriously as informal direction to wear a stupid nametag.

Of course it is; if only people took the formal orders to shave when they are posted to ship and have to do firefighting as seriously as informal direction to wear a stupid nametag.
But I love the fake informal direction that exists in the RCN. It's made us such a trustworthy and transparent organization that is a desired employer of the masses šŸ¤£

I especially love it because it also demonstrates that our Officer Corps is too cowardly to put their name to anything in writing šŸ¤£

Just who we want leading our fellow citizens in to battle šŸ˜„

But I love the fake informal direction that exists in the RCN. It's made us such a trustworthy and transparent organization that is a desired employer of the masses šŸ¤£

I especially love it because it also demonstrates that our Officer Corps is too cowardly to put their name to anything in writing šŸ¤£

It's just ridiculous; the RCN has become a clown show with morale badges, kept afloat by sailors and support staff, while the institution rocks full wig and red nose regalia.

Informal direction was going around in Halifax that basic name tags are out and that everyone is suppose to wear the cocktail name tags with their 3Bs.

That was the direction given from RCN Dress Committee a couple years back. Nothing like Command changing dress regs and making units fund it

That was the direction given from RCN Dress Committee a couple years back. Nothing like Command changing dress regs and making units fund it
Committees don't give direction aka orders, there's our first problem.

It's just ridiculous; the RCN has become a clown show with morale badges, kept afloat by sailors and support staff, while the institution rocks full wig and red nose regalia.
It is a clown show

Iā€™m constantly pulling up my pants because I have no Hips and the CF belt buckle always seems to be slipping. So I figured that since the dress regulations have been modernized I would see what would happen if I wore suspenders with my N3. Now if I wore the gawd awful sweater this wouldnā€™t be an issue at all, but since I would melt if I wore it the sweater was a no go.
I also did a search in the new regs and the word ā€œsuspendersā€ never came up.
So the last time I was in Ottawa I wore the suspenders (black) and the only comment I got was from the CRCN COS who with an arched eyebrow and a grin said ā€œYouā€™re pushing it Donā€.

So, suspenders it is!!!šŸ˜œ
Yes, as you age your hips seem to disappear, so belt and britches it is. Suspenders were used by Brits and Canadians in the old days, so the Button and Bow people will be happy with a return to tradition.

Committees don't give direction aka orders, there's our first problem.

It is a clown show

You know that, and I know that.

CRCN and the committee, at the time, didn't care. It was direction. I've bought hundreds, if not, thousands of the stupid things.

It was absolutely an incorrect way of implementing this. The RCN committee should be taking its points to the CAF committee where is gets debated; and if supported pushed for final approvals.

You know that, and I know that.

CRCN and the committee, at the time, didn't care. It was direction. I've bought hundreds, if not, thousands of the stupid things.

It was absolutely an incorrect way of implementing this. The RCN committee should be taking its points to the CAF committee where is gets debated; and if supported pushed for final approvals.
Usually when I point out I don't report to the CRCN, which always goes down well.

No one is buying them in MEPM though (or other non-CRCN units) AFAIK, so not something I'm going to lose sleep over, but seems like our time could be better spent on something actually useful (like why the RCN is letting people not shave on duty, and rolling up with goatees and whatnot in bunker gear when they are supposed to be able to fire fighting or other roles that need an SCBA).

Usually when I point out I don't report to the CRCN, which always goes down well.

No one is buying them in MEPM though (or other non-CRCN units) AFAIK, so not something I'm going to lose sleep over, but seems like our time could be better spent on something actually useful (like why the RCN is letting people not shave on duty, and rolling up with goatees and whatnot in bunker gear when they are supposed to be able to fire fighting or other roles that need an SCBA).

LOL, I had a couple of Chiefs lose their minds over a "foreign skill badge" on my Naval DEUs that I earned while I was an Officer in another environment. It's one of the fancy and uncommon ones šŸ˜‰

I sent them a photoshopped picture of the CAF Dress Manual with the badge circled in red and then asked them why some of the Naval "skill" Badges weren't in there and where I could find the proper reference for their authorization? šŸ˜„

LOL, I had a couple of Chiefs lose their minds over a "foreign skill badge" on my Naval DEUs that I earned while I was an Officer in another environment. It's one of the fancy and uncommon ones šŸ˜‰

I sent them a photoshopped picture of the CAF Dress Manual with the badge circled in red and then asked them why some of the Naval "skill" Badges weren't in there and where I could find the proper reference for their authorization? šŸ˜„
Not as dramatic but I started carrying around the page from the dress manual allowing leather belts with NCDs because it seemed stupid to me to wear a flammable belt in FR clothes (plus the CAF dress belts generally suck and don't stay done up anyway). Had to whip that paper out a few times but was fun stopping a few people before they really got wound up; it was a bit like deflating a balloon.

Making friends and influencing people one day at a time I guess.

Considering they literally made up fake new ranks. Put out a canforgen stating we are now to use those ranks, and literally openly defy the QR&Os which states the legal ranks as defined by parliament. It isnā€™t surprising how it is running.

Correct - only someone who commands can give an order. This "committee " bullshit is a fancy way of avoiding responsibility.

Its not a corporation - its the CAF.
Committees make recommendations to commanders who order things. Committees/working groups exists (and need to exist) to inform/advise commanders.

Committees make recommendations to commanders who order things. Committees/working groups exists (and need to exist) to inform/advise commanders.

I do believe it's those commanders, hiding behind committee decisions who are being discussed here. If the elephant in the room is this obvious, then say it.

I do believe it's those commanders, hiding behind committee decisions who are being discussed here. If the elephant in the room is this obvious, then say it.
If they decide to go with a committee recommendation, how are they hiding behind it? They gave an order to follow.

Back