• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"B.C. Mountie's anti-Trudeau website raises concerns about discriminatory views within the RCMP" (split from White nationalism/CF thread)

Just moving this into its own thread given we have an RCMP "basket" for it - please carry on.

Milnet.ca Staff

Oof. He’s gonna have a bad time.
Yup.

I really, really wish Kash Heed would STFU and go away already, his name always pops up in articles about the RCMP in BC like he actually knows a damn thing. He's never been a member of the RCMP and has been out of the Policing game a damn long time. If you've ever read Blamed and Broken you know he's not above slimy back room deals to bury fellow Police Officers too.

CBC has him on speed dial it seems, whenever they need to talk s*** about the force.

His biggest crime is he isn’t funny. The RCMP is in a bad spot- considering that recently the goalposts for conduct have shifted waaaaaaay away from what is considered injurious to the rcmps reputation. So we may be out of luck.

While I support free speech, generally, it is bad form to publicly mock your boss. I cannot think of a company, business or organization where you will not suffer at least some consequences for that.…
Different when your "boss" is a political figure. But then again sorry I forgot again this is not an equal standard. Does that "rule" apply to the leader and/or members of CUPE or PSAC? And more so if the current Head of the Government is a Conservative? I always like to know where the lefts double standards are so I don't make the mistake of thinking they can apply to the other side.

This is the reason we have the Monarchy and a Head of State apart from the H of G. well one of them.

PS Sorry I do also agree with you Seaking but this just one more case of the double standard too me

Different when your "boss" is a political figure. But then again sorry I forgot again this is not an equal standard. Does that "rule" apply to the leader and/or members of CUPE or PSAC? And more so if the current Head of the Government is a Conservative? I always like to know where the lefts double standards are so I don't make the mistake of thinking they can apply to the other side.

This is the reason we have the Monarchy and a Head of State apart from the H of G. well one of them.

PS Sorry I do also agree with you Seaking but this just one more case of the double standard too me
There are clear double standards. To stretch analogy perhaps too far, consider what might have happened differently recently to Jordan Petersen if he had criticized former PM Harper, instead of current PM Trudeau.

I am all for apply a uniform standard of decorum, regardless of political persuasion. And for free speech.

I think that any member of RCMP (or, for that matter, CAF) who had a site like this and was easy to identify professionally would find themselves in hot water.

I believe the RCMP, like most police services, have standards of behaviour that include discreditable conduct. That‘s pretty broad. I doubt this dude’s gonna lose his job or anything, but he’ll probably pick up a misconduct verdict for that, and if he does it’ll definitely impact his career options.

Does that "rule" apply to the leader and/or members of CUPE or PSAC?
Don't know about federal. But, at the municipal level, our elected union unit chairman could publicly criticize the government / department / mayor on our behalf.

The rest of us were limited to the grievance system.

Or, quit, and publicly complain to your hearts content, if anyone wants to listen.

Don't know about federal. But, at the municipal level, our elected union unit chairman could publicly criticize the government on our behalf.

The rest of us were limited to the grievance system.

Or, quit, and publicly complain to your hearts content, if anyone wants to listen.
Indeed. That’s part of the point of having a union- they enjoy privilege to say things about the employer that working employees can’t. That degree of independence is essential to the proper functioning of a union.

I think that any member of RCMP (or, for that matter, CAF) who had a site like this and was easy to identify professionally would find themselves in hot water.

I believe the RCMP, like most police services, have standards of behaviour that include discreditable conduct. That‘s pretty broad. I doubt this dude’s gonna lose his job or anything, but he’ll probably pick up a misconduct verdict for that, and if he does it’ll definitely impact his career options.
They have to demonstrate that it actually harmed the RCMPs reputation, it has been almost impossible lately for the “proof” of that to be provided.

The linkage here to his job wasn’t because of him or the website. It was someone else bringing attention to it.

I guess we ll find out in three years if it’s the case here.

They actually might get more traction under conflict of interest. (6.1)

Which has been used around social media “influencing”

Const. Lacy Browning is being sentenced May 29th. I wonder whose career will be hurt more.

All good points. But most disagree with the Union statements. Both union and regular members are up doing that all the time. You see it everywhere. Its just another case of its good to be Left!

Oh, Browning for sure. After a criminal conviction there’s still an internal conduct investigation and whatever professional sanctions come from that. Dude with the website will probably lose a few days’ pay.

Back