• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I asked ChatGPT what trades were open for me

paalerik

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Scored 65% or 39/60. Meeting with the military this week. I think it could be bring structure to my life as I've moved above 20 times because of father's job since I was born. This is what ChatGPT told me. Is it accurate ?

A score of 39 out of 60 on the Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) is a decent score, but the specific trades that are available to you will depend on a few factors, such as your education level, work experience, and other qualifications. Generally, to be considered for most trades in the Canadian Forces, a minimum score of 32 on the CFAT is required. However, some trades may require higher scores or have other specific requirements.

That being said, here are some trades that may be available to you with a score of 39 on the CFAT:

1. Infantry Soldier
  2. Combat Engineer
  3. Supply Technician
  4. Mobile Support Equipment Operator
  5. Intelligence Operator
  6. Communication Electronics Engineering Technician
  7. Aerospace Control Operator
Please note that this list is not exhaustive, and there may be other trades that are open to you based on your individual circumstances. I would recommend that you contact a Canadian Forces recruiter to discuss your options and determine which trades may be the best fit for you. They can also provide more detailed information about the qualifications and requirements for each trade.

When I downloaded ChatGPT, it stated that it was current to 2021, so it might not capture any changes to recruiting since then.

Meeting with the military this week. I think it could be bring structure to my life as I've moved above 20 times because of father's job

You do realize the military will move you around a lot depending on your trade? Suggest looking into Reserves.

Scored 65% or 39/60. Meeting with the military this week. I think it could be bring structure to my life as I've moved above 20 times because of father's job since I was born. This is what ChatGPT told me. Is it accurate ?

A score of 39 out of 60 on the Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) is a decent score, but the specific trades that are available to you will depend on a few factors, such as your education level, work experience, and other qualifications. Generally, to be considered for most trades in the Canadian Forces, a minimum score of 32 on the CFAT is required. However, some trades may require higher scores or have other specific requirements.

That being said, here are some trades that may be available to you with a score of 39 on the CFAT:

1. Infantry Soldier
  2. Combat Engineer
  3. Supply Technician
  5. Intelligence Operator
Please note that this list is not exhaustive, and there may be other trades that are open to you based on your individual circumstances. I would recommend that you contact a Canadian Forces recruiter to discuss your options and determine which trades may be the best fit for you. They can also provide more detailed information about the qualifications and requirements for each trade.
It's not a 65% it a 65 percentile, which puts you in the top 35% of people who took the test. So good job!

If you want a job with a massive range of employment possibilities both in and outside the CAF I would highly suggest Supply Technician.

Incidentally the trade changed its name recently to Material Management Technician.

You do realize the military will move you around a lot depending on your trade? Suggest looking into Reserves.
Moving around a lot is subjective. Potentially the military will move them around less than what they are used to.

The minimum CFAT scores by trade is a protected document that isn't available on the open internet, so ChatGPT would not have access to it. Neither do CAF members that do not work within CFRG.

The CFAT requirements vary by trade and it is not just a minimum total score in all cases... some trades require a mininum total score and a minimum score in the "problem solving" section, others require a minimum score in "verb skills", etc. Also, recruiters are not allowed to provide raw scores (such as 39/60 or 65%), rather they inform applicants of percentiles (ie. 65th percentile is a score higher than 64% percent of NCM applicants).

Further, while there are actual minimums that can prevent someone from meeting the minimum requirements by trade, the CFAT also factors into selection. As such, there are floating competitive cut-offs to determine which applicants can be processed for the trade. Meeting the minimum score may not make one ckmpetitive for selection, depending on the applicant pool.

To get a list of trades you qualify for, you can ask a recruiter and they can generate a list for you. The other requirements by trade (such as academic requirements) are available on Forces.ca

1. Infantry Soldier
  2. Combat Engineer
  3. Supply Technician
  5. Intelligence Operator
I’ve done my CFAT second time,I’ve scored more than you my recruiter told me that the only choice i had was cook

1. Infantry Soldier
  2. Combat Engineer
  3. Supply Technician
  5. Intelligence Operator
You didn’t mention your percentile. Your score means little compared to your percentile. You are ranked against other applicants and your percentile says how many did better or worse than you.

If you want a job with a massive range of employment possibilities both in and outside the CAF I would highly suggest Supply Technician.

Incidentally the trade changed its name recently to Material Management Technician.
A good MMT can be a godsend. 👍🏻👍🏻

Back