• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

POTUS: US Defense Budget Bump

Interesting turn of events. You are going to some Republicans wanting trim spending. Some Republicans increase but focus on China. Many Republicans wanting to limit the war in Ukraine and Democrats give more support. Democrats cutting both ways too.

Interesting turn of events. You are going to some Republicans wanting trim spending. Some Republicans increase but focus on China. Many Republicans wanting to limit the war in Ukraine and Democrats give more support. Democrats cutting both ways too.
I think POTUS was pretty slick in this.
He shoehorns in Republicans for the China aspect and they won’t fight against increases there, which forces the Ukraine support. Then the Democrats get whipped to support it and Ukraine.

Sure there are some vocal minorities on both sides that won’t be happy, but I suspect with the included pay raise for troops, it’s an unbeatable solution, that would taint any negative voters with failure to support the Troops and their specific party agenda.

I think POTUS was pretty slick in this.
He shoehorns in Republicans for the China aspect and they won’t fight against increases there, which forces the Ukraine support. Then the Democrats get whipped to support it and Ukraine.

Sure there are some vocal minorities on both sides that won’t be happy, but I suspect with the included pay raise for troops, it’s an unbeatable solution, that would taint any negative voters with failure to support the Troops and their specific party agenda.
Better said than me.

But then I want to throw this out. Will the spending be on things to fight in Pacific? Or will there be rearming to fight the last war? IE Ukraine/Russian? The China battle doesn't need A-10's, M-1, tube artillery etc. Its need long range air and sea power. Things like the B-21, a stealth tanker, long range missiles, ships and more important subs. Amphibs, (putting aside the LSM(LSW) v Big honking ship) and Space assets.

Better said than me.

But then I want to throw this out. Will the spending be on things to fight in Pacific? Or will there be rearming to fight the last war? IE Ukraine/Russian? The China battle doesn't need A-10's, M-1, tube artillery etc. Its need long range air and sea power. Things like the B-21, a stealth tanker, long range missiles, ships and more important subs. Amphibs, (putting aside the LSM(LSW) v Big honking ship) and Space assets.
Most of the plus up is towards the Pacific - increased Naval infrastructure - and systems.
We had a plus up already for the Land War from Ukraine.

Back