Author Topic: Average age of enrollment.  (Read 4385 times)

Offline TheJono

• Rate Post
Average age of enrollment.
« on: September 12, 2011, 03:28:24 »
Hello,

I was just curious as to what the average age of enrollment is for members in the combat arms, both officers and NCMs. I'm got accepted to university and i'm 22 years old, I plan to enlist after I graduate. I'm aware of ROTP, however my high school marks weren't the greatest so I plan to do at least a year of university to give myself more of a competitive edge. Anyways I was simply wondering, what is the average age of officers when they enlist (infantry, artillery, armoured) are older soldiers treated any differently than say the young guys who went to university straight after high school and got commissioned in their early twenties? What about NCMS, how would a 23-24 year old private be looked as compared to say a 18 year old? Is age ever seen as a factor? I'm assuming it all comes down to competency and personal drive, but there's always certain mores and nuances of any organization that might not be on paper. What are your personal experiences?

Thanks.
Cheers.

Offline Michael O'Leary

• The moral high ground cannot be dominated by fire alone, it must be occupied to be claimed as held.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The Regimental Rogue
Re: Average age of enrollment.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 08:27:07 »

Offline TheJono

• Rate Post
Re: Average age of enrollment.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 05:29:06 »
Thank you  :)
Cheers.