Author Topic: BMOQ-AUG 26th  (Read 22532 times)

Offline Stiman

• Rate Post
BMOQ-AUG 26th
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2013, 21:21:30 »
There's a PDF download at cflrs.forces.gc.ca. I imagine it's the latest version.

I think it says comfortable dress pants.

Offline Stiman

• Rate Post
BMOQ-AUG 26th
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2013, 21:29:09 »
Just looked it up. Annex B, Part 1 lists civilian clothes to bring. It says casual dress pants and shirts.

Offline cjette1

• Rate Post
Re: BMOQ-AUG 26th
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2013, 00:09:09 »
Hey, out of curiosity, which joining instructions are you reading? The link with the Candidate Information Booklet provided to me is dated July 2012.  Consult page 6, it doesn't specify dress clothing but COMFORTABLE clothes. 

Just want to make sure i'm reading the most recent+ accurate material.

I got the same link. Honestly I would just go with exactly what it says, comfortable clothes. Nothing with screaming logo's but something that you'd feel comfortable wearing to a job interview without feeling overdressed. I hope that makes sense. 

Offline secondchance

• Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2013, 11:01:19 »
I created facebook group for our BMOQ platoon L17. If you want to join- send me PM and I will add you.

Offline skyhigh10

• Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2013, 13:13:29 »
Just looked it up. Annex B, Part 1 lists civilian clothes to bring. It says casual dress pants and shirts.

Well that leads me to one more question.

How come there is an "X" in said column instead of a "1" for Quantity. Optional? Not required?  I mean there is also an X for casual dress shoes, non marking sport shoes (separate from running shoes) , and so on. For bathing suit (provided by QM as stated), has an X beside it yet is listed under "arrival" . 

Cheers.  See you all in 9 days
A man does what he must - in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures - and that is the basis of all human morality.

- J.F.K.

Offline Stiman

• Rate Post
BMOQ-AUG 26th
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2013, 13:23:19 »
I think the 'X' indicates an unspecified quantity. That's my guess.

Offline secondchance

• Rate Post
Re: Re: BMOQ-AUG 26th
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2013, 14:02:07 »
I think the 'X' indicates an unspecified quantity. That's my guess.
Exactly.

Offline secondchance

• Rate Post
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2013, 11:40:32 »
Don't forget to take good sport running shoes .
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 11:48:44 by secondchance »

Offline Unknown21

• Rate Post
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2013, 12:38:29 »
Hey guys, looks like I'm joining this part a little late.
I look forward to meeting everyone.
I'm getting sworn in Thursday and flying out 2 days after! It all feels a little quick but at least that gives me no time to think about things to much!

Offline Duckman54

• Rate Post
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2013, 01:06:50 »
You outta New West?  I was there on 14th for swearing-in, and when talking about the short notice, Captain said they said they have one person gonna be *super-last-minute* for this group.  Sounds like you fit the bill! Lol

If you don't know where you're going, any road'll take you there!

Offline Watchdog-1

• One bite at a time.
  • Rate Post
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2013, 12:31:29 »
I'll clear some stuff up for you guys. When it says casual dress clothing, it's worded really badly. Wear casual clothes and that includes jeans. My best bet would be a polo and jeans with running shoes. I just graduated the April officer course and we all showed up in dress clothing and dress shoes only to change into running shoes and jeans the next day.  Don't waste the space, bring one set of dress clothes if you want but make sure you have enough casual because that is what you'll be wearing until you get your combats.

Also,  you're going to have some "fun" people who are going to be recoursed onto your platoon once you get to CFLRS. If they are the ones I'm thinking of,  for your own good don't put much stock into what they tell you.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2013, 12:36:51 »
I'll clear some stuff up for you guys. When it says casual dress clothing, it's worded really badly. Wear casual clothes and that includes jeans. My best bet would be a polo and jeans with running shoes. I just graduated the April officer course and we all showed up in dress clothing and dress shoes only to change into running shoes and jeans the next day.  Don't waste the space, bring one set of dress clothes if you want but make sure you have enough casual because that is what you'll be wearing until you get your combats.

Also,  you're going to have some "fun" people who are going to be recoursed onto your platoon once you get to CFLRS. If they are the ones I'm thinking of,  for your own good don't put much stock into what they tell you.

WHAT!....OCdts wearing jeans?......Sacrilege!
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Stiman

• Rate Post
BMOQ-AUG 26th
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2013, 18:56:41 »
Thanks for the info reaper-1!

Offline Jester_TG

• Rate Post
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2013, 08:05:38 »
I was on the same course as Reaper-1....

I echo everything he said. Please don't show up in a shirt and tie. How comfortable do you think you will be climbing 13 flights of stairs 3+ times a day in a tie?

Also yea - please enjoy your recoursee's LOL - one in particular should be good for a laugh or 2

The rest you can figure out on your own.....enjoy the experience.

:)
That was some of the best flying I've seen to date - right up to the part where you got killed.