Author Topic: red mess kit.  (Read 7483 times)

Offline Dark Passenger

• Rate Post
red mess kit.
« on: November 29, 2013, 21:51:13 »
Hello all,

Just wondering about the cost, who can / should obtain the red mess kit.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Re: red mess kit.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 22:20:39 »
Visit this site and you can find out more:  http://www.andreitailors.com/products/mess_dress.html

Anyone CAN buy Mess Kit.  Not everyone can wear it.  If you are a member of the Canadian Army, you can purchase the appropriate `Pattern` for your Branch/Corps.  You can find what 'pattern' your Branch or Corps wears in the CF Dress Regulations.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 22:21:34 »
IAW the dress instructions, all Reg Force officers have 6 months from their time of commission to obtain mess kit (mandatory).  Everyone else...optional.

You might also be able to get a used set.
Everything happens for a reason.

Sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions.

Offline Shamrock

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 09:09:03 »
IAW the dress instructions, all Reg Force officers have 6 months from their time of commission to obtain mess kit (mandatory).  Everyone else...optional.

You might also be able to get a used set.

Realistically, we have 6 months from passing DP1.

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 09:51:38 »
Ack!  8)
Everything happens for a reason.

Sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions.

Offline Lightguns

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I live for trout and deer
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 12:21:10 »
I have a used set that I will never wear again. It is artillery which is very close to log. A tailor could rework it nicely. I am medium extra large though. Chest 46 waist 40 inseam 33.
Done, 34 years, 43 days complete, got's me damn pension!

Offline Bravosixniner

• Rate Post
  • True North Strong
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 07:49:36 »
I thought mess dress was only for officers? :cdn:

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 08:20:37 »
WHOA!   Slow down cowboy.  Perhaps as a new recruit to a Reserve unit you should take baby steps before you start the marathon.  There is much for you to learn, and READING helps.  You also have to become more computer literate, as this is not your first account here, and multiple accounts are not permitted here.  When you change your email address, you have to reactivate your account after receiving an email to your new email address.  You failed in this. 

Now which account do you want, and which accounts do you want us to delete?
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Schindler's Lift

• Rate Post
  • http://goo.gl/1E5Ez0
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 14:37:06 »
I CHOSE to buy mine as a Cpl however I was planning to wear it at my wedding and I knew I'd have occasion to wear it again due to the frequency of mess dinners in my trade.  After 25 years I can say I have gotten my money's worth out of it but I never would have spent the money as a reservist and I know many (most) senior NCOs who never bothered.  Wait till you have experienced some of your career before you worry about the buttons and bows you dont need to worry about.