Author Topic: Dress Regulations - The Minimum Standard?  (Read 21396 times)

Offline Haggis

• "There ain't no hat badge on a helmet!"
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • "Oh, what a glorious sight, Warm-reekin, rich!"
Re: Dress Regulations - The Minimum Standard?
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2014, 17:41:07 »
Don't forget a lot of the dress manual say.  At the rsm discretion

:facepalm:  Seriously?  Have you even read the CAF Dress Instruction?  Nowhere does that phrase appear therein.
Train like your life depends on it.  Some day, it may.

Offline Jammer

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2014, 18:01:54 »
Seriously?

Go away...now.
What could possibly go wrong?

Offline Hamish Seggie

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • This is my son Michael, KIA Afghanistan 3 Sep 08
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2014, 22:17:42 »

I'm an RSM. I have no discretion when it comes to the Dress Manual. It's gospel.

Now go on listening silence for a while......you're out of your arcs on this one.
Freedom Isn't Free   "Never Shall I Fail My Brothers"

“Do everything that is necessary and nothing that is not".

Offline Bioroots

• Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2014, 15:46:12 »
Seriously?

Go away...now.
So your telling me that when we where told to have tapered hair in the back because the Rsm did not want square there lying to us, and none of the SNCO never said one thing about it. Never look it up my self just went on what i was told by the COC.   

Offline Shamrock

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2014, 15:49:00 »
So your telling me that when we where told to have tapered hair in the back because the Rsm did not want square there lying to us, and none of the SNCO never said one thing about it. Never look it up my self just went on what i was told by the COC.

I take your comment above as your having failed to adhere to QR&O 5.01.

I understand your leadership has failed you, but this is not "their fault."
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:06:14 by Shamrock »

Offline Bioroots

• Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2014, 16:01:24 »
You are right and i have learn my lesson and will provided ref to and further post I make ref regulation.

Offline MSEng314

• Rate Post
  • Audaces Fortuna Adjuvat
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2014, 17:51:11 »
I'm an RSM. I have no discretion when it comes to the Dress Manual. It's gospel.

/endThread

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -6945.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2014, 18:07:46 »

'Hair shall be taper trimmed at the back, sides, and above the ears to blend with the hair-style; be no more than 15 cm (6 in.) in length and sufficiently short that, when the hair is groomed and headdress is removed, no hair shall touch the ears or fall below the top of the eyebrows; be no more than 4 cm(1-1/2 in.) in bulk at the top of the head, gradually decreasing to blend with the taper-trimmed sides and back; and be kept free from the neck to a distance of 2.5 cm (1 in.) above the shirt collar. Taper trimmed square back styles and shaving of all the hair on the head are permitted.'

So, saying that the hair had to be taper trimmed wasn't wrong after all. Your S\NCO's weren't shirking their duty and the RSM wasn't making things up as he went along.

You have to read the WHOLE reg(s) not just the part you think applies to you. Not knowing the full conversation, or seeing, hearing, reading what your RSM said only gives us half the story. Your side.

And just from the above your track record, of being in error, is already established.

Corruption in politics doesn't scare me.
What scares me is how comfortable people are doing nothing about it.

Offline jpjohnsn

• Rate Post
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2014, 21:48:45 »
'Hair shall be taper trimmed at the back, sides, and above the ears to blend with the hair-style; be no more than 15 cm (6 in.) in length and sufficiently short that, when the hair is groomed and headdress is removed, no hair shall touch the ears or fall below the top of the eyebrows; be no more than 4 cm(1-1/2 in.) in bulk at the top of the head, gradually decreasing to blend with the taper-trimmed sides and back; and be kept free from the neck to a distance of 2.5 cm (1 in.) above the shirt collar. Taper trimmed square back styles and shaving of all the hair on the head are permitted.'

So, saying that the hair had to be taper trimmed wasn't wrong after all. Your S\NCO's weren't shirking their duty and the RSM wasn't making things up as he went along.

You have to read the WHOLE reg(s) not just the part you think applies to you. Not knowing the full conversation, or seeing, hearing, reading what your RSM said only gives us half the story. Your side.

And just from the above your track record, of being in error, is already established.
At the risk of putting words in their mouth, I suspect that the poster was talking about the part I highlight in your quote of the dress regs and not a true square cut style.  Both rounded and square back taper styles are authorized but. like braids on females, not everyone is on board with that. 
"Nescire autem quid ante quam natus sis acciderit, id est sempre esse puerum" - "To be ignorant of what occured before you were born is to remain always a child" - Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -6945.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2014, 22:50:26 »
At the risk of putting words in their mouth, I suspect that the poster was talking about the part I highlight in your quote of the dress regs and not a true square cut style.  Both rounded and square back taper styles are authorized but. like braids on females, not everyone is on board with that.

As I said, we really don't have any way of knowing what was truly said.
Corruption in politics doesn't scare me.
What scares me is how comfortable people are doing nothing about it.

Offline Bioroots

• Rate Post
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2014, 11:51:03 »

That what I was talking about.