Author Topic: PSO  (Read 2264 times)

Offline eaglehawkdown

• Rate Post
PSO
« on: July 08, 2014, 09:37:00 »
Can someone please explain to me what the job of a Personal selection officer is and why your application would be sent from your local recruiting office to Borden to land on the desk of one of these guys and have to play the waiting game for even a longer period of time and also be told by your local RC not to contact them anymore its Borden you have to deal with? Thanks any information would be greatly appreciated.          :)

Offline thejadepixie

• Rate Post
    • The Wandering Iris
Re: PSO
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 10:19:03 »
It probably has to do with the fact the the CF is changing how they do recruiting. From what I was told recently, beginning this September everything is decided by Borden. So each RC send in test scores to them, they decided which applicants get picked for further processing (med/interview). Then the results of the med/interview goes back to Borden and they supposedly make the final decision as to who gets the job offers.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 10:24:22 »
PSO - Personnel Selection Officer.

It is exactly what the title states.  It is an 'officer' (person responsible) who selects personnel to be hired or sent on courses. 
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 10:27:22 »
Everything happens for a reason.

Sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions.

Offline eaglehawkdown

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 00:51:01 »
1:  Thank you for the Link!

2: I already knew and understood that they are pretty much "shrinks" with psych degrees and behaviour and people persons SKILLS. So everyones application nation wide so this number could be in the 30 thousand plus a year I'm guessing ends up on a desk of one of these guys which from my understanding is no more than a board of say 20?. And they decide who gets in and who doesn't based on credit score....  criminal background.... education...  etc etc   Is this correct?   And it can take months/years before you receive a responce from them cause its not every other week or month that they all get together ("the board") and go over applicants that are in question and have been put under the microscope because they have glitches and "issues" such as again....credit...criminal record etc etc.  is this correct?   :nod: