Author Topic: BMOQ Regular Force 2014 - 2017 [Merged]  (Read 220962 times)

Offline icunurse

• Rate Post
Re: BMOQ Regular Force 2014 - 2017 [Merged]
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2014, 20:28:41 »
Im in 0050E as a nursing officer from Montreal.

Offline Mab163

• Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2014, 14:46:31 »
I'm on 0050F. Sworn in yesterday as a pilot.

Offline icunurse

• Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2014, 17:31:05 »
I think 0050 will be a bilingual platoon since some have it as F and others as E

Offline flatlander13

• Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2014, 18:14:15 »
It's listed as 50E online, but could be a french section within the platoon? I'm not sure if that's a thing... either way, I'm looking forward to meeting and working with everyone.

Offline Steph_S

• Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2014, 20:27:43 »
Likewise

Offline drbones

• Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2014, 06:56:15 »
It looks like L0050E and L0050F are combined into the same platoon 21. The more, the merrier  :subbies:.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 07:04:31 by drbones »

Offline Mab163

• Rate Post
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2014, 09:24:20 »
It's listed as 50E online, but could be a french section within the platoon? I'm not sure if that's a thing... either way, I'm looking forward to meeting and working with everyone.

Maybe. If not I will be happy to practice my English!  :nod: Looking forward to meet you guys!

Offline drbones

• Rate Post
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2014, 08:43:32 »
Has anyone been told whether certified true copies of documents (diploma, etc.) are required for your arrival at St Jean if your recruiting centre has it on file? In the joining instructions it says you don't have to bring them if they are on file, but I've heard from people who previously attended St Jean, that the CFLRS does things their own way.

Offline icunurse

• Rate Post
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2014, 09:11:21 »
drbones,

My recruiting center gave me a certified copy on all the documents I will need to bring with me in St-Jean, my birth certificate, my wedding certificate and my bachelor diploma.

Offline RyanHealy29

• Rate Post
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2014, 11:30:49 »
Has anyone been told whether certified true copies of documents (diploma, etc.) are required for your arrival at St Jean if your recruiting centre has it on file? In the joining instructions it says you don't have to bring them if they are on file, but I've heard from people who previously attended St Jean, that the CFLRS does things their own way.

Last time I was in at the CFRC, I had two guys help me, both of whom seemed like they were really on the ball, and both very helpful, yet one was certain I did need to bring those copies, and one was certain I didn't need to bring those copies. So it's possible the communication on that isn't clear even to the recruiting centres.  I'll be  bringing them regardless. If St. Jean doesn't need them, all good. But if they do, I don't want to show up without them.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2014, 12:05:25 »
Last time I was in at the CFRC, I had two guys help me, both of whom seemed like they were really on the ball, and both very helpful, yet one was certain I did need to bring those copies, and one was certain I didn't need to bring those copies. So it's possible the communication on that isn't clear even to the recruiting centres.  I'll be  bringing them regardless. If St. Jean doesn't need them, all good. But if they do, I don't want to show up without them.

Many years later, this may be a source that you can access to remember places and dates that you have served and with whom.

Many years later, it is also a source which you can access to remember dates and places you may have been.

Many years ago, I began to learn how important it was to keep all documents on my own personal file.  I arrived in CFB Gagetown for Phase III Armour and they had no idea I was coming.  Thankfully, I had in my hand a copy of my Posting Message and all was good after that. 
On that point, the same goes for all your Pay Stubs, Medical Chits, PERs, PDRs, Crse Reports, MPPRs, Messages pertaining to Postings or any other important career influencing action, and any special Letters and Commendations.  The system is not exempt from "Murphy's Law" or someone making a wrong key stroke when entering data.  Technology is not infallible.  You may have to bring in your own personal copy of any of those in order to correct a data error.   
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 12:09:07 by George Wallace »
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline drbones

• Rate Post
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2014, 13:13:28 »
Thanks for information. I'm currently working on having certified true copies provided prior to my arrival to St Jean. My military documents binder will keep growing.

Offline Moore

• Rate Post
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2014, 16:21:36 »

Many years ago, I began to learn how important it was to keep all documents on my own personal file.  I arrived in CFB Gagetown for Phase III Armour and they had no idea I was coming.  Thankfully, I had in my hand a copy of my Posting Message and all was good after that. 
On that point, the same goes for all your Pay Stubs, Medical Chits, PERs, PDRs, Crse Reports, MPPRs, Messages pertaining to Postings or any other important career influencing action, and any special Letters and Commendations.  The system is not exempt from "Murphy's Law" or someone making a wrong key stroke when entering data.  Technology is not infallible.  You may have to bring in your own personal copy of any of those in order to correct a data error.

Thank you for sharing this. I'm now going to go out and pick up a binder for all of my papers to go into.
Recruiting Center: Peterborough
Regular/Reserves: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 2: Infantry
Trade Choice 3: Crewman
Application date: September 7th, 2014
Further Processing: September 9th, 2014
First contact: September 15th, 2014
CFAT: October 16th, 2014
Interview: November 20th, 2014
Medical: November 20th, 2014
Merit Listed: December 2nd, 2014
Position Offered: December 17th - Infantry
Swear In: February 5th 2015 @ 11:30
BMQ: February 9th 2015 - R0074E

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2014, 18:07:56 »
Thank you for sharing this. I'm now going to go out and pick up a binder for all of my papers to go into.

A binder indicates you only plan on a one term contract to serve.....You will require a large file cabinet if you want to make the CAF a career...  ;D
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Moore

• Rate Post
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2014, 22:28:48 »
A binder indicates you only plan on a one term contract to serve.....You will require a large file cabinet if you want to make the CAF a career...  ;D

Haha you make me so excited for the paperwork I'm getting myself into, does anyone have a personal assistant or secretary?  :D

Offline ABCD

• Rate Post
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2014, 19:53:45 »
Hello! I'm new to this site so i hope this works and i can get some realistic and accurate information before my basic training starting January 2015.

I am 40 years old and I am having some issues with my knees from trying to train them.. They are freakin sore and causing discomfort. I am not a runner so i will have to rest them for the next few weeks before basic and just stick to some elliptical training for cardio.

The big question is what is the frequency and duration of the running you have to do for PT in basic training? 1)does it depend on your commanding officer and what he chooses to do? 2) does it play a significant factor in Pt or is the running staggered/spread out (every second day for example) 3) do you do less running as you progress further in the training? i need someone to really give me a good perspective of their experience and how it played out in regards to running.

Also, what if you cant swim when you arrive for basic? i heard they will give you basic swimming lessons?

Thank you so much for any personal experience info you can provide that will help me understand this issue better! :)

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2014, 20:18:37 »
The big question is what is the frequency and duration of the running you have to do for PT in basic training? 1)does it depend on your commanding officer and what he chooses to do? 2) does it play a significant factor in Pt or is the running staggered/spread out (every second day for example) 3) do you do less running as you progress further in the training? i need someone to really give me a good perspective of their experience and how it played out in regards to running.

running bmq
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+running&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&gfe_rd=cr&ei=xxqWVKabMcWy8wfljIHICQ&gws_rd=ssl#rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&q=site:army.ca+running+bmq

Also, what if you cant swim when you arrive for basic? i heard they will give you basic swimming lessons?

Military Swim Test - When, Where, and How- Merged 
http://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=17795.0

Offline Moore

• Rate Post
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2014, 20:28:27 »
Hello! I'm new to this site so i hope this works and i can get some realistic and accurate information before my basic training starting January 2015.

I am 40 years old and I am having some issues with my knees from trying to train them.. They are freakin sore and causing discomfort. I am not a runner so i will have to rest them for the next few weeks before basic and just stick to some elliptical training for cardio.

Thank you so much for any personal experience info you can provide that will help me understand this issue better! :)

Hey, I'm going to BMQ Ferauary 9th. I'm crap at swimming but I think I'll be okay to pass the test. I can't do anything crazy like floating on my back or swimming backwards though. Passing the swimming test is not a requirement for BMQ but you will be put down as a non-swimmer and you will be taught afterwards at some point with PSP.

Offline ABCD

• Rate Post
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2014, 20:46:17 »
Wow! just posted this and already got some feedback :) thanks so much! I'm going as commissioned officer so don't know if that makes a big difference in regards to the training methodology.

Offline Ayrsayle

• Mentor
  • Rate Post
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2014, 21:20:23 »
As a general rule, most of the training is very similar between BMQ and BMOQ (There are some additional leadership aspects taught and expected to demonstrate, etc).  The threads you were suggested to look at give a pretty good base of understanding, but I'll add my two cents:

PT will look very similar across the board between NCMs and Officers - running was usually first thing in the morning and around 4-6km. How often will depend entirely on what your Course Staff decide and what meets with what the school expects from its candidates.  Expect to be doing some form of PT nearly every morning.  It's been a while but the PT expectations were gradual - running is a large part of it, but then again so was strength training and various forms of "military" oriented physical training.

The swim test is not particularly challenging unless you have absolutely no skill at swimming.  When I went through there was definitely "pool oriented PT" but I don't remember much in the way of instruction of how to swim.  No one failed the course by being unable to swim, however.

Every officer in the CAF is commissioned - so there is no need to refer to your path as "going commissioned officer".

If you had any other questions you'd rather not ask aloud, feel free to send me a message. 
Leadership is understanding people and involving them to help you do a job. That takes all of the good characteristics, like integrity, dedication of purpose, selflessness, knowledge, skill, implacability, as well as determination not to accept failure. ~Admiral Arleigh A. Burke

"It takes 10 minutes to dress like an Infantryman, but it takes a few years to become a good one" - Jungle (Army.ca)

Offline ABCD

• Rate Post
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2014, 21:22:56 »
0049E Aerospace control officer..From Halifax starting Jan 17  i do believe :)  yikes!! hope the running aspect of PT is not to brutal :/  loll

Offline ABCD

• Rate Post
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2014, 21:31:04 »
Thank you for your input! much appreciated.. In regards to the running, that sounds like a lot from my perspective..concerning actually. What happens if you cant keep up or have some physical limitations (injury or pain that takes you out of commission)  while into your training? is this a big nono or?? will they be pissed or kick you out? Are there exceptions? is it on a case by case basis?

Thanks again!

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2014, 23:03:37 »
What happens if you cant keep up or have some physical limitations (injury or pain that takes you out of commission)  while into your training? is this a big nono or?? will they be pissed or kick you out? Are there exceptions? is it on a case by case basis?

BMQ injuries 
http://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=94566.0

See Reply #1.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 23:09:17 by mariomike »

Offline Ayrsayle

• Mentor
  • Rate Post
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2014, 23:57:25 »
Thank you for your input! much appreciated.. In regards to the running, that sounds like a lot from my perspective..concerning actually. What happens if you cant keep up or have some physical limitations (injury or pain that takes you out of commission)  while into your training? is this a big nono or?? will they be pissed or kick you out? Are there exceptions? is it on a case by case basis?

Thanks again!

Mariomike is already giving you plenty of places to find answers (looking around on this forum will answer all of these).  Take a look for your answers and you'll find quite a bit of information you likely haven't even thought about yet.

I'll leave it at a personal opinion and let you find others:  In my opinion an Officer needs to be fitter then those he expects to lead - not necessarily the fittest, but he should never be happy with being "average".  If you are injured (or feel you are injured) during BMOQ, you will be sent to the MIR to be evaluated.  If the restrictions the medical staff place on you prevent you from completing your training, you will fail the course (There is rarely enough time to "make up" missed training, unless it was of a very short duration).  If you are genuinely injured do what you need to do to get healthy.  If you are sore and stiff, you do not need to miss training.  Your staff will form impressions of you based on the legitimacy (real or perceived) of how often you miss training, but there are checks and balances that prevent someone from arbitrarily "kicking you out".

If you "can't keep up" you have two options really - work to remedy your performance or don't.  The training system is ready to work with one, and tends to look down upon the other.

Leadership is understanding people and involving them to help you do a job. That takes all of the good characteristics, like integrity, dedication of purpose, selflessness, knowledge, skill, implacability, as well as determination not to accept failure. ~Admiral Arleigh A. Burke

"It takes 10 minutes to dress like an Infantryman, but it takes a few years to become a good one" - Jungle (Army.ca)

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2014, 01:46:43 »
Every officer in the CAF is commissioned - so there is no need to refer to your path as "going commissioned officer".

Except those NCOs...you know, Non-Comissioned Officers.

;D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 01:53:07 by Eye In The Sky »
Do I love my job?  No.

But does it afford me the ability to go on lavish vacations and buy anything I want?  Also no.