Author Topic: MCpl Alex New (ACISS-CST)  (Read 5989 times)

Offline 211RadOp

• Rate Post
  • Now is the tyme....damn missed again....Now is the
MCpl Alex New (ACISS-CST)
« on: June 01, 2015, 15:27:17 »
Alex was struck and killed by a transport truck on Saturday, north of Kingston.  Alex was posted to CFCMU and had only served 8 years in the CAF.

RIP Alex.  It was a pleasure to have known you.

http://www.thewhig.com/2015/05/30/motorcyclist-killed-in-three-vehicle-collision
“I thought I couldn't afford to take her out and smoke as well. So I gave up cigarettes. Then I took her out and one day I looked at her and thought: "Oh well," and I went back to smoking again, and that was better.” - Benny Hill
"Politics: “Poli” a Latin word meaning “many”; and "tics" meaning “bloodsucking creatures” - Robin Williams
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.” - Miss Piggy

Offline Teltech

• I'm a lurker, not a fighter...
  • Rate Post
Re: MCpl Alex New (ACISS-CST)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 16:04:02 »
RIP Alex. Prayers to the family.
Is there any word on funeral arrangements?
Eeny, Meeny, Myni, Moe - I need a tech to go...

Nothing common about common sense, is there...

Offline 211RadOp

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 16:38:55 »
Not yet.  When I find out I will post it here.
“I thought I couldn't afford to take her out and smoke as well. So I gave up cigarettes. Then I took her out and one day I looked at her and thought: "Oh well," and I went back to smoking again, and that was better.” - Benny Hill
"Politics: “Poli” a Latin word meaning “many”; and "tics" meaning “bloodsucking creatures” - Robin Williams
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.” - Miss Piggy

Offline 211RadOp

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 08:49:59 »
From CO CFCMU

1.   We have confirmed with MCpl Ryan Alexander New’s Family that the Event will be as Follows:

When:                  Wednesday 10 June 2015
                Where:                 Vimy Officer Mess (VOM)
                Time:                     1300 – 1700hrs (ceremony will not be that long just the venue has been reserved for that long to allow for family and friends to exchange their condolences and stories)
                Dress:                   Mil – DEU 1A (medals)
                                                Civ – Appropriate Business attire
                Parking:                Overflow Parking can be found pass the VOM on the left hand side. CFCMU serving members are to park at work and walk over.

Note: Family had no restriction on numbers but VOM can only hold ~250 pers standing inside the Kingston Room. Family and CFCMU members will take up a predicted 150 of those. There will be two portions in this Ceremony: One will be held outside (no limits on # pers) and one will be inside for stories/anecdotes and rolling pictures.

Offline Tarlouth

• Donor
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 09:27:59 »
Thank-you for posting the arrangements.

I plan to head down to kingston on wed.

Offline Hamish Seggie

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • This is my son Michael, KIA Afghanistan 3 Sep 08
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 11:08:23 »
RIP Soldier...... :salute: :cdn:
Freedom Isn't Free   "Never Shall I Fail My Brothers"

“Do everything that is necessary and nothing that is not".

Offline LCIS227

• Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 06:09:08 »
Very sad news indeed. I served with him in Afghanistan and was my goto guy for many things. RIP Alex.